best and most reliable skin?
What have you found to be the best and most reliable skin?
I've been using Aeon Nox but I'm feeling like a change.
"Best" based on what criteria and according to whom? Wink

As a generalization, something simpler should be potentially more reliable since there are fewer things that can go wrong or conflict. However, simpler also implies fewer features, so this may not be deemed "best" by some (which takes us back to the first question).

Since skin features, usability and aesthetics are such a personal matter, why not just try out various ones yourself? They are simple to install and, if you don't like one, it is simple to switch to another.
i have tried them all...as I asked in the quetsion i'm wondering which skin is the best as being the most reliable?
Some end out crashing or working slowly
The default Confluence skin is pretty reliable (not to imply that there aren't other reliable skins).
(2013-10-04, 20:00)artrafael Wrote: The default Confluence skin is pretty reliable (not to imply that there aren't other reliable skins).

Confluence, for example, has the new settings GUI in gotham-alpha. Other skins don't seem to.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
I'm quite happy with ace.
+1 for ace, transparency! is a close second

i'm a fan of vertical menus
Metropolis.....clean, fast and stable
I love the simplicity of jx720 - no distracting background images. Its limited so its fast. And a new user (or guest) can figure it out in like 1 minute.
Kodi 18.9 / LibreELEC 9.2 / Raspberry Pi
(2013-10-04, 22:25)nickr Wrote: Confluence, for example, has the new settings GUI in gotham-alpha. Other skins don't seem to.

Ace for Gotham does / seems to work well (Ace 1.9.0 in XBMC 13A8)

scott s.
I quite like Quartz myself, very easy for people to understand, simple layout, never seems to break.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
I'm a huge fan of Transparency, Its constantly updated to do all of the newest XBMC features (altho I haven't tried it in gotham, but i'd wager it works) and it looks beautiful...also i never have problems with XBMC or the skin itself crashing, never ever.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
best and most reliable skin?0