Req Ability to update metadata for individual movies via API
I think a lot of people load their XMBC libraries, and add media as they collect it. Sometimes however a user may use a third party app to update the metadata, and these changes are not reflected in the XBMC DB/cache. Reloading the entire mvoie collection for a simple metadata change could take a long time depending ont eh number of movies int he collection.

I think it would be awesome to add the ability to update a specific movie via API command. This way third party apps can make changes to metadata without the need to reload the entire movie DB back into XBMC or reloading the movies individually from within XBMC.
JSON-RPC API: VideoLibrary.SetMovie/TvShow/Episode/MusicVideoDetails.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Thanks, i'm really new to this, can you explain this a little more or is there a doc/wiki that can explain this call better?

Edit: nvm, found the online doc http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=JSON-RPC_API/v6

Thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ability to update metadata for individual movies via API0