Favorites thumbnails fail with smart playlists
Exclamation 
Hi,

I fall in love with this skin.

But something's wrong with the favorites default menu provided from witch I expected so much.

Thumbnail (favorites) that points to smart playlist are empty:

However, they're displayed well in menu:

I tested with xeebo skin and it works but it seems it handles them with a different hook.

My favorites points to smart playlist except one that points to sets link. This is the only one witch thumbnail is correctly displayed in Ace.

Here is my favourites.xml content:
Code:
<favourites>
    <favourite name="Aléatoire" thumb="special://home/vignettes/Random.png">ActivateWindow(10025,&quot;special://profile/playlists/video/Aléatoire.xsp&quot;)</favourite>
    <favourite name="Animation" thumb="special://home/vignettes/Films Animés 03.jpg">ActivateWindow(10025,&quot;special://profile/playlists/video/Animation.xsp&quot;)</favourite>
    <favourite name="Belmondo"  thumb="special://home/vignettes/belmondo.jpg">>ActivateWindow(10025,&quot;special://profile/playlists/video/Belmondo.xsp&quot;)</favourite>
    <favourite name="Disney" thumb="special://home/vignettes/disney-dreams_12.jpg">ActivateWindow(10025,&quot;special://profile/playlists/video/Disney.xsp&quot;)</favourite>
    <favourite name="Dreamworks" thumb="special://home/vignettes/dreamworks.jpg">ActivateWindow(10025,&quot;special://profile/playlists/video/Dreamworks.xsp&quot;)</favourite>
    <favourite name="Italien" thumb="special://home/vignettes/italia-1000x1500.jpg">ActivateWindow(10025,&quot;special://profile/playlists/video/Italien.xsp&quot;)</favourite>
    <favourite name="JapAnime" thumb="special://home/vignettes/japanime2.jpg">ActivateWindow(10025,&quot;special://profile/playlists/video/JapAnime.xsp&quot;)</favourite>
    <favourite name="Kim Ki-Duk" thumb="special://home/vignettes/Korea-1000x1500.jpg">ActivateWindow(10025,&quot;special://profile/playlists/video/Kim Ki-Duk.xsp&quot;)</favourite>
    <favourite name="Kung-fu" thumb="special://home/vignettes/Preview.png">ActivateWindow(10025,&quot;special://profile/playlists/video/Kung-fu.xsp&quot;)</favourite>
    <favourite name="Parodies" thumb="special://home/vignettes/parodie.jpg">ActivateWindow(10025,&quot;special://profile/playlists/video/Parodies.xsp&quot;)</favourite>
    <favourite name="Lord of the Ring - Saga" thumb="special://home/vignettes/Lord of the Ring.jpg">ActivateWindow(10025,&quot;special://profile/playlists/video/Lord of the Ring - Saga.xsp&quot;)</favourite>
    <favourite name="Pixar" thumb="special://home/vignettes/Pixar.jpg">ActivateWindow(10025,&quot;special://profile/playlists/video/Pixar.xsp&quot;)</favourite>
    <favourite name="Sagas" thumb="special://home/vignettes/SAGAS.jpg">ActivateWindow(10025,&quot;videodb://1/7/&quot;)</favourite>
    <favourite name="Star Trek" thumb="special://home/vignettes/Star Trek Next Gen.jpg">ActivateWindow(10025,&quot;special://profile/playlists/video/Star Trek.xsp&quot;)</favourite>
    <favourite name="Super Héro" thumb="special://home/vignettes/Marvel Animated.jpg">ActivateWindow(10025,&quot;special://profile/playlists/video/Super Héro.xsp&quot;)</favourite>
</favourites>

Issue is not related to special:// path used in the file. I tested with absolute path.

No problem if favorite points to a single movie.

my log is here

Please need help unless it is a bug or a feature currently not available for my case.
  • Windows 10 x64
  • Kodi 17.6
You have script random and last item, installed?
MediaBrazil forum Website - Youtube Channel
MQ9-1.6.0.29 - 09.15.2023 - Aeon MQ Skin Team
MarcosQui Website Donate and support us.
It is weird, the script is in my add-on folder: portable_data\addons\script.randomandlastitems
But if I search it in my XBMC settings/add-ons with the word item or random, it doesn't find it in repo (I have frodo though). It only find random trailers, etc.
  • Windows 10 x64
  • Kodi 17.6
It would be helpful if anybody that faces the same issue post here to confirm.
  • Windows 10 x64
  • Kodi 17.6
I have the same problem. My audio smart playlist thumbnail works correctly in Confluence and some other skins too, but not in Ace.
Code:
<favourites>
    <favourite name="Planet Rock" thumb="http://static.rad.io/images/broadcasts/11524_4_1.png">PlayMedia(&quot;plugin://plugin.audio.radio_de/station/11524&quot;)</favourite>
    <favourite name="Capital FM Yorkshire East" thumb="smb://192.168.1.50/userdata/capital-logo-yorkshire__f4d0d1f5.gif">PlayMedia(&quot;plugin://plugin.audio.radio_de/station/11996&quot;)</favourite>
    <favourite name="BBC Radio 2" thumb="http://static.rad.io/images/broadcasts/3244_1.png">PlayMedia(&quot;plugin://plugin.audio.radio_de/station/3244&quot;)</favourite>
    <favourite name="Absolute Radio 80s" thumb="http://static.rad.io/images/broadcasts/9278_4_1.png">PlayMedia(&quot;plugin://plugin.audio.radio_de/station/9278&quot;)</favourite>
    <favourite name="Classic Rock Lounge" thumb="http://static.rad.io/images/broadcasts/10380_4_1.png">PlayMedia(&quot;plugin://plugin.audio.radio_de/station/10380&quot;)</favourite>
    <favourite name="Video Add-ons" thumb="DefaultAddonVideo.png">ActivateWindow(10025,&quot;addons://sources/video/&quot;)</favourite>
    <favourite name="Yorkshire Coast Radio.strm" thumb="http://cml.sad.ukrd.com/image/226086.png">PlayMedia(&quot;/home/xbmc/Yorkshire Coast Radio.strm&quot;)</favourite>
    <favourite name="Vault - Greatest Hits" thumb="smb://HS-DHGL925/share/Music/Def Leppard - Vault - Greatest Hits (1995) 320 Kbps/Folder.jpg">ActivateWindow(10502,&quot;musicdb://2/1130/635/?artistid=1130&quot;)</favourite>
    <favourite name="sarah&apos;s funky 80&apos;s" thumb="smb://192.168.1.50/userdata/sarah1.png">ActivateWindow(10502,&quot;special://profile/playlists/music/sarah.xsp&quot;)</favourite>
</favourites>

The Capital FM logo is displayed correctly, however the last favourite does not display a thumbnail, despite it's location being in the same path. It doesn't make a difference for me whether the playlist is xsp or m3u I still get no thumb displayed.
I updated my config to gotham with last ace and other updated plugin. It's a fresh install and the problem exposed in first post is still there. I hope someday it will be fixed…
  • Windows 10 x64
  • Kodi 17.6

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Favorites thumbnails fail with smart playlists0