Mac to TV - screen greys out every 10-15mins
Hi there, I am looking for some assistance to solve the following issue that I cannot seem to resolve,

I am running XBMC (Frodo) on my MacbookPro (OS 10.8.5) and have it hooked to my 42' Philips TV (Model 42PFL560AH) using Belkin Mini DisplayPort to HDMI Cable. I go to displays settings on my Mac and mirror displays and I then have audio and video.

The problem I have is while watch video content from the likes of Channel1 or ProjectFreeTV the TV screen 'greys out' every 10-15 mins or so and I then have to go to my display settings and change the refresh rate. I change between PAL & NTSC or visa versa and I am then good for another 10-15mins.

I do not know if this problem is Mac/XBMC or TV model related.

Any help or suggestion is appreciated as this is doing my head in.

Regards,
Celtictiger
Do you experience the same problem watching videos from other sources such as a local drive or an add-on such as Youtube? If this problem is just with those add-ons you mentioned, then we can't help you with them (see Piracy Policy in forum rules (wiki)).
Hi Artrafael,

My apologies for referring to third party add-ons that contravene the policies on this forums but as a newbie I was unaware of this and did not realise that I was over stepping the mark.

I have done some further testing and can confirm that my TV greys out after 10-15minutes even when I just leave XBMC on the first level of the homepage, so this problem does not appear to be add-on related.

Again if I go to the display settings on my mac and change the refresh rate between PAL & NTSC or visa versa and I am then good for another 10-15mins until I have to repeat this exercise over again.
Don't know about Macs per se, but maybe it's some power savings setting kicking in?
I have changed all the energy saving settings for the MacBookPro display never to sleep but this did not resolve my issue and the screen still greys out after 10-15minutes.

Has anybody any other suggestions with what might be a way to resolve this issue
In my own experience, Apple's hardware seems to send a somewhat weak HDMI signal, so it seems more temperamental in some situations. I've seen this on my 2009 MBP, iPhone/iPad HDMI adapters, and Apple TV 1 and 2. Most of the time it's okay or can be fixed by changing the cable.

I don't know if this is the issue you are having, but I thought I would throw this out there.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mac to TV - screen greys out every 10-15mins0