Adding New Seasons to tvshows Help
Hi all

I was wanting some help on adding new TV seasons to the tvshow video library. What i means is say you had a tv show called CSI and had season one already in the tvshow library and the new season 2 comes out the only way i can add the season to the tvshow library is to delete the whole tv show from the tvshow library and then go back to video option in the main menu and hit the I button to add both seasons back into the tvshow library.

if i go to the video option and select hit i on season 2 it just comes up season 2 or if i hit i on the CSi root it just comes up csi infomation screeen.

what is the best way to add a new season to a tv show that already has older seasons without removing the tvshow from the library first ?

I have even had double tv shows and the only way to do it is to remove it first to get that new season in.

i must be missing somthing ?

i am using xbmc 12.2 but used to be the same way for sbmc 10 as well

any help

thanks
Just add the new season's episode files (correctly named) to the existing folder for the show. Open the context menu on the show folder (or your main "TV shows" folder) and select "Scan for new content" and you should see the new episodes added to the library within that show. The key is making sure your new episode files are named correctly with the season and episode numbers.
(2013-10-05, 20:48)artrafael Wrote: Just add the new season's episode files (correctly named) to the existing folder for the show. Open the context menu on the show folder (or your main "TV shows" folder) and select "Scan for new content" and you should see the new episodes added to the library within that show. The key is making sure your new episode files are named correctly with the season and episode numbers.

Exactly, This is the naming system I use, altho there are a few different ones.

"TV Shows\Game Of Thrones\Season 2\Game of Thrones - 02x04.mkv"

All you have to do now is scrape the info from thetvdb.com assuming the info is correct on that site (if it isnt you should correct it)

PS, to include specials in your video library, just put them in the "Season 0" folder and name them according to thetvdb.com

"TV Shows\The Venture Bros\Season 0\The Venture Bros. - 00x01 - (pilot) The Terrible Secret of Turtle Bay (Director's Cut).mkv"
Thanks both will let you know how i get on as i have not got a new season yet to add but will soon.

i normaly names all my tv shows like this

name of show S01E01 pilot (720p HDTV)-(AC3 DD 5.1).mkv

i will try it oput and report back here

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Adding New Seasons to tvshows Help0