WIP Openelec video + sound recommendation
I had rebuilt an older pc I had and just curious what video card I should get for video and sound via HDMI

The build
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E6600
Motherboard: EVGA nForce 680i
RAM: 4gb Crucial DDR2 800mhz
GPU: AMD Radeon HD 4350 1gb (no HDMI)
Sound card: Creative Fata|ity XFI (not installed).

I'm looking for a video card solution that will do both video and audio via HDMI. Unfortunately my Marantz SR7001 needs about $300 of repairs (power unit, CPU, and another part all blew), so I will have to hook this up to my tv directly for the time begin (Samsung 52" LCD from 2009).

I'm looking at a GeForce GT 610, I have BR rips, 720p videos, tons of pics and music. I'd like to be able to watch my 1080p movies without issue and have sound without having to install the sound card, and running RCA's to the tv. I'm not sure if my TV is capable of 1080p24 (I know that its max refresh rate is 120hz), which I would like if it's possible.

It's an older system that I just slapped together with old parts I had around (also have an AMD FX-4100 with mobo, just needs ram which I gave away). I've installed Openelec Generic (latest version) and would like the new video card to work without having to reinstall it.

If anyone could recommend a video card under $60 CAD I'd appreciate it. Candacomputers.com and Tigerdirect.ca have stores close to me. If someone could help with either of those stores (plan to pick something up in an hour or two).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Openelec video + sound recommendation0