Want to build Htpc and Nas. For 144 projection
Hi... Newbie here, i have a 144 in blk diamond screen and jvc 4k upscale projector, Denon 5800 reciever, M&k thx speakers, 6 front 2 side 2 back and 2 definative subwoofers, and a omni rack, loud fans in them but im ok with the noise, my question is i have a budget of about 3k to build both boxes, one for htpc and one for nas, and want the best possible picture available using i guess a video card instead of using on cpu graphics, also wanna use istar 12 bay hot swap rack mount box for nas, can u guys give me a great build hardware wise, i want the best picture and sound possible.
Maybe im in the wrong area of this site?

Just joined up tday, and dont no about this stuff is new to me. Can anyone suggest a site to goto that can help?
You're in the right place, it just takes a while to get a reply sometimes :)

I'm on my ipad right now, so I'm not able to really dive into this myself, but sit tight and the recommendations will come.
WOW!!!
someone actually answered back....lol
thanks i hope i can be steered in the right direction, been looking at hardware sugestions but they seem like they are like 2 years old, was wondering if there is more current info.
What do you expect from your hardware? Imho the best you can get is a solid HDMI Cable with a solid mainboard and an intel i3 for your htpc to get the video signal to your upscaler and an extra soundcard for optical or coaxial sound output for your receiver if the mainboard is not supporting it.

I don't think that there are great differences in signal quality when using digital outputs combined with good cables.

There is no soundprocessing or so needed on the htpc simple passthrough.

For NAS sugestions pls browse the forum there are plenty of it.
i heard that some cards have a hard time with 24frames. so was wundering which video card was recomended/?
also isi3 better than amd products?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Want to build Htpc and Nas. For 144 projection0