• 40(current)
WIP Discuss improvements for pvr section
Was this ever done, and if so, how do I use it?

(2014-05-13, 14:37)xhaggi Wrote: It is time to end the discussion. we don't add the requested feature "entering a number to jump hours".
we'll definitely add the skip -/+12/24 stuff, because i'm already working on it and it's easy to add.
I welcome comments and suggestions for the Kodi (XBMC) Set-up Guide that I wrote.
You can read it here:  http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=193310
Yes, press the "|>" button your remote (and <| to go in the other direction).
Thanks. Is there any way/chance we can make it the FF and Rewind buttons that activate this feature? As I mentioned back when we discussed the feature, many Live TV users remap those keys from SkipNextinPlaylist and SkipBackinPlaylist to 30 seconds forward and 7 seconds backwards.

(2015-07-23, 11:05)negge Wrote: Yes, press the "|>" button your remote (and <| to go in the other direction).
I welcome comments and suggestions for the Kodi (XBMC) Set-up Guide that I wrote.
You can read it here:  http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=193310
You can easily change the keys used by editing your keymap. Just map rewind/fastforward to Skip in the EPG window only.
I don't mean to crossposting, but;
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=235431

Basically what I try to do is bettering the EPG info, kodi has already all the code needed so it should be easy... but it isn't.
After a week of searching I begin to suspect the code is lacking certain parts as it only does a partial job.

Surely here someone knows as people in here know the PVR code better than anyone else on the forums.
And if it really is not properly working it needs improvements and then this post is valid Tongue.
An improvement would be pressing info/epg button show epg for current channel in channel view.

Discuss improvements for pvr section (Post:#551)

In EPG-Guide generally i don't find what im loking for. It looks nice but I think it isn't usable. With a lot oft channels and event names that are generally cutted...
There are at least two places where I can use the numerical pad... when selecting channels and when searching for a channel number in the guide. In the latter case I need to press ok/enter, in the former one not. This should be consistent imho.

Thanks
Diddle
Would be nice to be able to view tv guide by genre/content type, i.e. show all news, sports programs etc currently.

Like this categories option in windows mce

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6cHPF4h4Ok&t=6m08s

Also, don't know if this is happens with all pvr's or just tvheadend but with tvheadend the genre for recordings always seems to be "other/unknown" even if the programme had a genre in the tvheadend web interface.
Can I just add my vote for allowing access to pvrguideinfo directly without going via pvrosdguide
Even though I use MythWeb for most of my scheduling administration it would be nice to be able to do the most from Kodi.

This is what I'm missing, and hoping that it could be a part of Kodi in the future.

When selecting Record from the EPG, being able to select the recording type. Today it become a single recording, but what if you want it to be a series? Then you have to go in to timers and change the timer to the right type.

In the Timer window, where you have all your upcoming timers, the only thing you can do to not record a episode is to disable that timer. But then there is a new schedule created in MythTV that excludes that episode. What I would like is the same possibility that MythWeb have for upcoming recordings, to be able to select "Never record". Then the episode is excluded without creating a new schedule. This is good when you need to exclude reruns of episodes that you have already seen. But to MythTV they seems new since they have never been recorded.
(2016-08-30, 22:41)raptorjr Wrote: When selecting Record from the EPG, being able to select the recording type. Today it become a single recording, but what if you want it to be a series? Then you have to go in to timers and change the timer to the right type.
If you press context menu then you can select "Advanced Recording" and you get all the options before creating the timer
pvr.wmc TV addon and ServerWMC Backend Development Team
http://bit.ly/ServerWMC
Is it possible to map the series recording to a remote button?

- press "record" starts a normal record
- long press or twice press "record" starts a series timer

That would be great! Wink

Greetings Hoppel
frontend: nvidia shield tv 2019 pro | apple tv 4k | sonos arc 5.1.2 | lg oled65c97la
backend: supermicro x11ssh-ctf | xeon | 64gb ecc | wd red | zfs raid-z2 | dd max s8

software: debian | proxmox | openmediavault | docker | kodi | emby | tvheadend | fhem | unifi
There are so many options for a "series timer" though, dependent on different backends etc so it seems tricky to offer a 1 click "series record" that would actually be usable by a majority of users. Unless there was also a way to configure what your "default" series record options would be
pvr.wmc TV addon and ServerWMC Backend Development Team
http://bit.ly/ServerWMC
Quote:When selecting Record from the EPG, being able to select the recording type.

In the context menu, use "Add timer" instead of "Record" and the timer settings dialog will appear, preconfigured to do a series recording for the currently selected epg event.
Quote:Is it possible to map the series recording to a remote button?

In Krypton, there is a new action "showtimerrule" which can be mapped to whatever button you want. This actions opens the timer settings dialog, preconfigured for a series recording for the currently selected epg event.

In the guide window, key "t" is preconfigured for this action.
  • 40(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Discuss improvements for pvr section1