add a button on the XBMC Skin
i have a shutdown on lan with python-skript _10.07.04 it do. work. i want add a button on the xbmc skin for the python-skript to shutdown my pc. the like the button is on the xbmc skin to shutdown my xbox now.
__
how can i do that?
if someone is interested in this i found code here:

http://aspn.activestate.com/aspn/cookboo...ipe/360649

it uses these windows python libraries though... but you might be able to find them and get it running on xbmc..

the other option is to program your own service and a simple client.
asteron thx you i find 1 here http://www.plusminusnull.de/sol/ it call shutdown on lan but now i don't know how to add a button to call the python-skript. like this i want a button the xbmc skin i can click on and it will call the python-skript. and shutdown my computer. if you go here. skinning tutorials it well you how to make a button like this.
_
but i am not a geek :o
it looks like that does exactly what you want :-) make sure the address and port numbers match up and you'll be set. creating a button is not hard. the easiest thing to do will be to modify dialogsubmenu.xml. this will make it show up in that menu that comes from the bottom right

go to xbmc\skins\project mayhem iii\pal\dialogsubmenu.xml

copy that to your computer and open it in notepad. the only
lines you have to change are the parts with execute (the location of the script), visible (change this to yes to make the button show up) and name (what the button will say).

find the first one that is not visible (with a no and near a visible one) and modify that one.

then save it and put it back on the xbox.

its not as simple as it should be but its not exactly hard.

-ast

asteron i did want u say but it did not work No can you make me a button and put code on here i can copy and paste :thumbsup:
do you have the script working from the xbox? put it in the scripts directory and test it in my scripts
now go edit xbmc\skins\project mayhem iii\pal\dialogsubmenu.xml

it is filled with entries like this... you only need to change one of them... just edit the three fields on the right... dont copy and paste this because the other fields are important.

Quote: <control>
<description>your script</description> <visible>yes</visible>
<type>button</type> <execute>q:\scripts\your_script\your_script.py</execute>
<id>1109</id> <label>shut down computer</label>
<posx>30</posx>
<posy>390</posy>
<width>110</width>
<height>20</height>
<font>font101</font>
<onleft>1109</onleft>
<onright>1109</onright>
<onup>1110</onup>
<ondown>1127</ondown>
<align>center</align>
<textoffsety>0</textoffsety>
</control>
thx helping me :p

so like this?
_
Quote:<control>
<description>your script</description> <visible>yes</visible>
<type>button</type> <execute>e:/xbmc/xbmc 1/scripts/xbmcscripts/sol.py</execute>
<id>1109</id> <label>shut down computer</label>
<posx>30</posx>
<posy>390</posy>
<width>110</width>
<height>20</height>
<font>font101</font>
<onleft>1109</onleft>
<onright>1109</onright>
<onup>1110</onup>
<ondown>1127</ondown>
<align>center</align>
<textoffsety>0</textoffsety>
</control>
it did not work. No if i e-mail you my dialogsubmenu.xml file and tell you there is the python-skript. can you edit it for me? :bowdown: the python-skript is here in xbmc.
__
and it do work
e:/xbmc/xbmc 1/scripts/xbmcscripts/sol.py/

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
add a button on the XBMC Skin0