Streacom remote help, remapping mouse buttons
I've just got round to buying a remote after wanting to replace using my phone.
I have the streacom IIRC. Only trouble im having with it is mapping a few of the buttons. Some of them instead of being a keyboard press, use the mouse. for example the info button shows up as this in the xbmc log

DEBUG: ProcessMouse: trying mouse action rightclick
DEBUG: CGUIWindowManager:TonguereviousWindow: Deactivate
DEBUG: ------ Window Init (Pointer.xml) ------
DEBUG: ExecuteXBMCAction : Translating SetFocus(9000)
DEBUG: ExecuteXBMCAction : To SetFocus(9000)

But what I would like to do is program this to show the context menu. Anyone know how I would go about doing this?

Thanks, Matt
Welcome to the XBMC forums.

I had a similar issue with the "i" (info) button on my Ortek VRC-1100 (wiki) remote and, since I don't use a mouse to navigate XBMC, I simply remapped my RMB to display Info instead of performing a right-click:
Code:
<mouse>
  <rightclick>Info</rightclick>
</mouse>
Of course, if you do use a mouse as well as a remote to navigate XBMC, this remapping may not be desirable.
Thanks, will try and have a go with it tomorrow. I don't plan on using a mouse so hopefully this will sort it.
Doesn't seem to help, I have put that code in remote.xml and put it at the end but before </keymap> and I still get the same problem.
Undo the changes you made to remote.xml.

Create a file named mouse.xml in your userdata (wiki)/keymaps directory with the following contents:
Code:
<keymap>
  <global>
    <mouse>
      <rightclick>Info</rightclick>
    </mouse>
  </global>
</keymap>
Thanks, had totally forgotten about making a new xml file. Managed to get it working that way.
Is there any way of mapping buttons like these. This is what happens when I press the media centre button on my remote, doesn't do anything to xbmc but would like it to go back to the main menu.
19:24:27 T:3050814016 DEBUG: Keyboard: scancode: 40, sym: 0134, unicode: 0000, modifier: 100
19:24:27 T:3050814016 DEBUG: OnKey: alt-leftalt (4f0d4) pressed, action is
19:24:27 T:3050814016 DEBUG: Keyboard: scancode: 85, sym: 0137, unicode: 0000, modifier: 100
19:24:27 T:3050814016 DEBUG: OnKey: alt-leftwindows (4f0d6) pressed, action is
19:24:27 T:3050814016 DEBUG: Keyboard: scancode: 24, sym: 000d, unicode: 000d, modifier: 100
19:24:27 T:3050814016 DEBUG: OnKey: alt-return (4f00d) pressed, action is

Thinking something like this in keyboard.xml but doesn't do anything.
<keymap>
<global>
<keyboard>
<alt-return>FirstPage</alt-return>
</keyboard>
</global>
</keymap>

Not a problem if I can't get it sorted, just this and assigning a context menu button. Thanks for all the help.
Thumbs Down 
(2013-10-11, 21:00)Kuwabara Wrote: <alt-return>FirstPage</alt-return>
You can't just make up names for XBMC functions/actions. Smile

Try the following:
Code:
<alt-return>ActivateWindow(Home)</alt-return>

References:
List of built-in functions (wiki)
Window IDs (wiki)
(2013-10-11, 21:00)Kuwabara Wrote: Not a problem if I can't get it sorted, just this and assigning a context menu button.

For context menu, use:
Code:
<some-remote-key>ContextMenu</some-remote-key>
(2013-10-11, 21:22)artrafael Wrote:
(2013-10-11, 21:00)Kuwabara Wrote: <alt-return>FirstPage</alt-return>
You can't just make up names for XBMC functions/actions. Smile

Try the following:
Code:
<alt-return>ActivateWindow(Home)</alt-return>

References:
List of built-in functions (wiki)
Window IDs (wiki)
Thought that was one, found it in some code that someone was using. will give this a go thanks.
Got those working working now, so go the basic buttons setup. Will have a look at the other buttons some other time. thanks for the help though.

in the end I used this to get it working. Got the into from one of the links you posted, Thanks.
Code:
<r mod="ctrl">ContextMenu</r>
<leftwindows mod="alt">ActivateWindow(Home)</leftwindows>
Nice, thanks for reporting back and glad you got it working!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Streacom remote help, remapping mouse buttons0