Latest Episode Widget How does it work?
HI All

I have just upgraded to Frodo, and have redone the entire install, libraries etc.

The issue I have is that the latest episode widget for my TV shows, shows pretty much my entire collection, like for example at the moment its showing some JAG episodes as latest, I know this is cause the whole collection has only just been scanned in. So I'm wondering how does the widget actually work, is there some sort of time value before episodes are dropped off the "latest" list?

I put some new episodes of current shows in and they showed up great right at the front, however after I watched them the old ones returned. So is there a way to refresh the Latest list so that all episodes in the library currently are not on the list, and thus only actually new ones from now on are shown??

Thanks in advance.

Cheers
The widget takes the date and time on which the items where _added_ to the library, not the date/time they actually aired.
We recently had a discussion about this in the Skin.Widgets thread:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=142389&page=14

You can modify the behaviour, so that the list is indeed ordered by Airdate, not by date they were added to the library.
See here:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=174013

You can also use my version of the Skin.Widgets (replace the old one) - this gives you a new option to configure for skin.widgets - namely that you can sort by airdate (you can configure the widget at Addons -> Services -> Skin Widgets):
https://github.com/henryford/service.skin.widgets

Edit
Just realized that you actually want to remove entries which are already in the list. There is only one way to do this:
Mark every episode in your library as watched, so that only the new ones coming in are marked as "unwatched".
For marking a whole series as watched, you can simply go to the top-level entry of that show (i.e. the name of that show), open the context menu and click on "Mark as watched".
Alternatively you can hit the "w" key on your keyboard, this will toggle between watched/unwatched status.
Need help? Check out my XBMC Frodo Guide. It contains full featured guides to Sickbeard and CouchPotato as well.

So your saying that the episodes that I added when I rebuilt the library will be in there for ever?

That sucks cause the ones I want to show up there are the ones that I'll be watching when they arrive and thus are ticked as watched and removed showing again old stuff.

I guess I'll try out your fix, though it's still not ideal, it would be great if you could just wipe the list and have it build from a point, so you know to watch new stuff cause the widget would be blank otherwise.

I can't tick all the rest as watched, cause the vast majority I haven't watched lol.
(2013-10-09, 12:29)Stildawn Wrote: So your saying that the episodes that I added when I rebuilt the library will be in there for ever?
Yes - with the exception that only unwatched episodes are showing up (when selected in the Skin Widgets options).

Quote:That sucks cause the ones I want to show up there are the ones that I'll be watching when they arrive and thus are ticked as watched and removed showing again old stuff.
You could also choose to display watched items - so only the recently added will show up, regardless of their status (be it watched or unwatched). But that doesn't make things better, really Wink
Need help? Check out my XBMC Frodo Guide. It contains full featured guides to Sickbeard and CouchPotato as well.

@HenryFord

Did you notice or maybe its just my setting, that if i use your version of the addon ( dateadded to year). my recenlty added tv shows works great like i wanted , but it seems as though my movies recenlty added are affected by this aswell. instead of the "original" opeartion of dateadded? is it just me?
Yes. movies are affected by this as well. If you want, I can add a new option for that only - so that you can choose between those two (i.e. you could then have movies displayed by the date added while episode are displayed by the date they aired)

Edit
Nevermind, added the option Wink You can now choose in the options to sort by the airdate for either movies or tvshows, or both (or - of course - none Wink)
https://github.com/henryford/service.ski...1e196417a2

That would be perfect! can you update this thread once you do make the cahnges so i can redownload it! Thanks!!!!!!

I need to learn more scripting/coding, i can do the basic and tweak all kinds of addons, but i should just learn... any tips appreciated.
Ah, you were too early for me Wink
Changed it!

Thanks! Ill verfiy once i get home. but im sure it will work perfectly! Thanks!
Thanks HenryFord for the info, Ill certainly be using yours... However since you seem to know what your doing, would it be hard for you to add a "New From This Date" option?

As having the widget always populated sort of defeats the purpose in my mind.
Yes, that would be very hard, because the JSON RPC doesn't support something like that. Sorry.

Just a quick question... If I uninstall skin.widgets (thus wiping the list)

And then reinstall now? Would that mean that all the TV shows that I've already added (when installing and setting up XBMC) wouldn't be in the list??

Hopefully this would be a real simple fix, the widget works fine right now, the only problem is that it has my entire collection in it.
No, that won't work.

Damn it lol.

Might have to remove the widget, oh well thanks for all your help HenryFord,
@HenryFord

Just got home and its working perfectly as i knew it would! Thanks!!!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Latest Episode Widget How does it work?0