Playon connecting but can't play anything
Hi
I am new to the pi and raspbmc so be gentle, I got the pi as a low cost media centre to mainly watch downloaded videos. I though about getting netflix up and running and the only way that can be done is with playon media server which I have setup.
I can connect to the Upnp shares for youtube and see videos but it won't play them just get the timer logo for a few seconds. The netflix share connects but I get the message "unavailable in your country" which I originally thought was to do with the time zone setting but having changed this I still get the same issue.

I do not have the MPEG-2 or VC1 codec licence keys so possibly the reason for the youtube videos not working but can't find anything to confirm it.

Thanks in advance

Sully
I get the same.
Windows 7 with Plex Media Server, RPi running XBMC with plex plugin. Always transcode set to on.
Playon installed on Win7 box, Netflix subscribed - video soundtrack plays on Pi, but no picture.
What gives?
Should plex not be transcoding the video?
You'll definitely need mpg2 license to play the Playon streams on the rPi: http://www.raspberrypi.com/mpeg-2-license-key/

As for "unavailable in your country" - that's a Netflix error, not rPi. If you're trying to connect to Netflix from a region that Netflix is not supported, they won't let you stream anything.

There are ways around this though, such as Unotelly...

*slap* - I just answered a 2 year old thread. awesome.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Playon connecting but can't play anything0