Final decision between two setups
Hey guys!!

I am thinking to build a HTPC and I´m doubting between two configurations of processor + graphic card + ram:

1) Intel G2120 + Sapphire HD 7750 1GB GDDR5 LOW PROFILE + 8 GB DDR3 1600

2) AMD A8-6500 + ATI Radeon HD 8570D (integrated graphics) + 8 GB DDR3 1800

Initially I preferred the AMD setup but after reading this review began my doubts.

I understand that AMD configuration is better than Intel in processor and ram. But however the Sapphire HD 7750 is much better than HD 8570D.

Finally to say that I will use Windows 7 x64 and XBMC 12 (Aeon Nox). The goals are to view: HD movies and tv shows, HD sports, streaming and current games and emulator games. Now the questions:

1) What is the better choice?

2) Which is the most powerful of the two?

3) Any suggestions or advices

Thank you!!
I am not familiar with the AMD, but the Intel has enough graphics capabilities itself to hand the HTPC functions with no need for the graphics card. Beyond that, I would guess that gaming requirements would drive your decision.
For a gaming HTPC, it's nice to have an Intel CPU + discrete video card. That way if later your gaming needs a better GPU, you don't also need to replace the CPU.
^Can't you just start with an integrated CPU/GPU and add a discrete card later if needed? Point would be to make sure you have a card slot in the build.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Final decision between two setups1