New HTC recomendation
Since Black Friday is coming I thought it would be good to build a new HTC from scratch and need some recomendations

1. Hardware Recommendations - I do have a NAS where I want to save all the files so HD space is not an issue. But for a quiet but reliable what is good recomendation
- Case
- Motherboard
- CPU
- Memory
- Video Card
- Cable Card ( Obviously from my cable company)
- TV Tuner card ( I think - InfiniTV 6 PCIe OR InfiniTV 6 ETH which one will be better?)
- Any Other?
2. OS - I think XBMC supports both Windows, Linux and Mac . I was thinking towards any linux based but if thats not a good idea then Windows is fine with me.
3. Any Extender do I need. I know if I use Windows Media Center I have to use XBOX as my media center exender.
4. any thing left? I think for Mobile access does XBMC mobile is available?

Thanks for your help.
S2KFreeNas
(2013-10-10, 21:12)s2kfreenas Wrote: Since Black Friday is coming I thought it would be good to build a new HTC from scratch and need some recomendations

1. Hardware Recommendations - I do have a NAS where I want to save all the files so HD space is not an issue. But for a quiet but reliable what is good recomendation
- Case
- Motherboard
- CPU
- Memory
- Video Card
- Cable Card ( Obviously from my cable company)
- TV Tuner card ( I think - InfiniTV 6 PCIe OR InfiniTV 6 ETH which one will be better?)
- Any Other?
2. OS - I think XBMC supports both Windows, Linux and Mac . I was thinking towards any linux based but if thats not a good idea then Windows is fine with me.
3. Any Extender do I need. I know if I use Windows Media Center I have to use XBOX as my media center exender.
4. any thing left? I think for Mobile access does XBMC mobile is available?

Thanks for your help.
S2KFreeNas

Quote:I think XBMC supports both Windows, Linux and Mac
sorry but this part made me lol. now that it is out of the way... I recommend Windows but it comes down to usage as well. I have mine running Hyperspin for retro games and a lot of my favorite XBMC related tools only run on windows.
you really dont need a video card, most of the built in graphics will do more than fine.
a wireless adapter unless you'll be[/quote] wired. i haven't gotten around to wiring my whole house so mine needed an adapter.
are you going to be recording tv or just watching it? the hdd and case can differ according to the answer to that question.
i personally prefer the Silverstone cases like the Milo series if you're going for SFF but there are a lot smaller. I also recommend an SSD to make the experience even better.
Just get The One

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New HTC recomendation0