Movies keep buffering !
This is driving me insane ! Can't watch movies cuz they are always buffering like every 2 min. ! Everything is cable connected ... So its not a wifi issue ! The only solution a friend of mine had was increasing my buffer size ! How do I do that and will it work ? Also having issues with movies skipping and pixilating when coming over to XBMC ! Any ideas ?
This is going to sound obvious, but have you tried replacing your CAT5 cables? Try that, and if that doesn't fix it, run some ping tests and see if you are dropping packets.
Are these files on your local file server or are you streaming them from an Internet site?
Operating system? nix card? Current drivers?
Please read the online manual (wiki) & FAQ (wiki) before posting.

Skins: Estuary | Xperience1080
Opinion: Never purchase HTC products
Mine always keeps buffering too. At the bottom of the screen on the right hand side, a pop up will appear after it stops buffering that says "cache is full, cleared cache required for continuous play", or something close to that. How do I fix that? I'm on IOS btw...
For starters, see posts 3 an 4 and provide the requested info. Also provide a URL link to your uploaded (to a public paste site) debug log (wiki) which shows this problem.
I myself am using IOS. Also was streaming from Internet.
(2013-10-13, 20:58)Tofu70 Wrote: I myself am using IOS. Also was streaming from Internet.

Most likely due to either the speed of your Internet connection or to the bandwidth/reliability of the streaming site.
Question 
(2013-10-13, 21:10)artrafael Wrote: Most likely due to either the speed of your Internet connection or to the bandwidth/reliability of the streaming site.
(2013-10-12, 04:14)blm14 Wrote: This is going to sound obvious, but have you tried replacing your CAT5 cables? Try that, and if that doesn't fix it, run some ping tests and see if you are dropping packets.
Both of these are probably true. You may even try CAT6 cables (if you have gigabit switches and a gigabit router). Are you using Ethernet or WiFi? If it is WiFi, is it a, b, g, n, or ac? Most household internet connections are too slow to stream HD video and surround sound audio without some sort of buffering. (I have a nice 30mb/s download, so I have no problems Wink)
Run tests on speedtest.net (requires Flash) and pingtest.net (requires Java) and report your results.

(2013-10-13, 00:47)Piers Wrote: Operating system? nix card? Current drivers?
Very good point. If you are on an intel graphics card, try installing "libva-intel-vaapi-driver" (on Linux). What are all your specs?

(2013-10-13, 17:41)Tofu70 Wrote: At the bottom of the screen on the right hand side, a pop up will appear after it stops buffering that says "cache is full, cleared cache required for continuous play", or something close to that. How do I fix that?
This has to do with your amount of RAM. On iOS, you are at a dead end (except closing all other multitask apps). On Linux, this can be helped by adding more Linux Swap Space. On any computer, you can just add more RAM. How much ram do you have?

NOTE: It seems you have not been very active on this thread. You can enable email notifications under the "Thread Subscription" when posting.
XBMC Kodi is awesome!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Movies keep buffering !0