Jarre Aerosystem One
I know this is in the hardware section, and really its all about the Raspberry Pi, however I thought it would be a 'hardware solution'

There are loads of awesome 'iphone' docks out there, going really really cheap at the moment, and the Aerosystem One is an example.
Usually (at their height, or the ones with the lightening dock) these retails around £1200. (UK apple store)
I picked up two of these for £200 each.

'Stuffed' in the base, there is just enough room for a rasp pi (in half a plastic case).
The sound is via a AUX port on the base (which you cant see), and power delivered through classic (long) micro USB cable.
Wireless is delivered from a Tenga wireless USB dongle (£4).

So what do you end up with?

A Jarre Aerosystem One (which has incredible sound and good room presence) and wireless media controller (XMBC) which works beautifully from the XBMC official remote app.
All for £250.

The setup is rather obvious, setup on a TV, install your favourite flavour of XBMC (Raspmbc for me) and setup ip's, sound output and away you go.....

Hope people like it, a picture of the final product attached. The only noticable element that it is not standard, is that:
- The dock is covered up (with the supplied spacer)
- The very faint red LED glow from base, from Raspberry Pi

Go Create....

Matt

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Jarre Aerosystem One1