• 1(current)
[THEMES] Aeon MQ 6
Lightbulb 
This topic (former Aeon MQ 5) has been updated to become compatible with Aeon MQ 6.

In this topic I'll explain how to create your own Image Theme for Aeon MQ 6 skin:

1. Create a root folder with any name like MY THEME.

2. Inside this folder create 23 folders with the following names:

addons (with pictures about addons and applications)
aplaylist (with pictures about music playlist)
autumn (with pictures about Autumn season)
concerts (with pictures about music shows)
disc (with pictures about CD, DVD and the like)
favourites (with pictures about favorites)
games (with pictures about games and emulators)
livetv (with pictures about TV reception and the like)
radio (with pictures about Radio, music and the like)
movies (with pictures about movies, HTPC, etc ...)
music (with pictures about music)
mymenu (with personal pictures about theme, abstract)
pictures (with pictures about photos)
programs (with pictures about apps)
settings (with pictures about settings or system)
shutdown (with pictures about shutdown)
spring (with pictures about spring season)
summer (with pictures about summer season)
tvshows (with pictures about of TVShows)
vnodes (with pictures about playlist video or something similar)
vplaylist (with pictures about playlist video)
winter (with pictures about winter season)
extras (with pictures about extra content, trailers or something similar)

* Folder names must be exactly like these otherwise the corresponding image will not be loaded.

3. Within each of these folders created above you can put one image or multiple images on the same topic, the Aeon MQ 6 will display images in slideshow form.

4. Basically any type of image is accepted, I recommend using JPG with resolution 1920x1080 pixels.

5. After you have created your theme, go to SETTINGS/settings skin/THEMES. Set MY THEME and then enter the path of the root folder MY THEME we created in step 1.

Done, your images will be shown immediately.

You did a very nice theme and would like to share? You can.
Create your theme, put some pictures in this thread and leave the link to the package in zip format so it can be downloaded by anyone interested.

.. and Good themes. Wink
------------------------------------------------------

Want to know more about the skin? Liked my work and want contribute?
Visit my website
XBMC Brazilian Community Forum
By making a donation, please do not post in the forum, send me an email or PM, thank you.
Keeping an eye on this thread.... I'm crap at putting together good images so would like some ideas

Marcos - where can i get your themes from (just the background pics) for this theme: http://www.marcosqui.com.br/skin_english.html: Update: got it. Kindly ignore
@godson, skin have 7 themes, you need only get extrapack, and select darkness images theme, done.

MediaBrazil forum Website - Youtube Channel
MQ9-1.6.0.29 - 09.15.2023 - Aeon MQ Skin Team
MarcosQui Website Donate and support us.
@Wanilton thanks. Got it.
Thanks Marcos for taking the time to explain the new features
I have created a holiday theme if anyone is interested.

Here is the thematic style I created for the theme.

Let me know what you think.

Download

I have found that when you create your own theme the default images still appear when entering certain menu items. To fix this you can replace the originals in addons\skin.aeonmq5\backgrounds(I left the Extras folder alone). I have just backed up and deleted them and it defaults to a black background. There is also a folder for Kids Movies and Kids TV if you have created those items in the main menu. Just point your background folder to the corresponding named folder.
@ HackerHelpDesk

Even though I'm not going to use them , i have to congratulate you , for all these wonderful images......
Thanks, just to be clear all images where collected from multiple sites online and not created by me.
Aeon MQ 5 + Users that have good taste(and talent) = Christmas more fun. Big Grin

Congratulations HackerHelpDesk, very beautiful.
------------------------------------------------------

Want to know more about the skin? Liked my work and want contribute?
Visit my website
XBMC Brazilian Community Forum
By making a donation, please do not post in the forum, send me an email or PM, thank you.
(2013-11-08, 22:50)HackerHelpDesk Wrote: I have created a holiday theme if anyone is interested.

Here is the thematic style I created for the theme.

Let me know what you think.

Download

I have found that when you create your own theme the default images still appear when entering certain menu items. To fix this you can replace the originals in addons\skin.aeonmq5\backgrounds(I left the Extras folder alone). I have just backed up and deleted them and it defaults to a black background. There is also a folder for Kids Movies and Kids TV if you have created those items in the main menu. Just point your background folder to the corresponding named folder.

Looks great. Love holiday skins / themes.
I like it, thank you very much, I will use it!
Thank you, looks really nice!
(2013-11-08, 22:50)HackerHelpDesk Wrote: I have created a holiday theme if anyone is interested.

My wife will love it Smile tx !!

Wonderful! XBMC has been crying out for something like this for years! Just one thing....the menu bar....how do I get it with a red background and white font like in your pic please?
@VanZan, skin have support for change menu bar style, only need select image and voilá.

Look here for see more:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=175822
MediaBrazil forum Website - Youtube Channel
MQ9-1.6.0.29 - 09.15.2023 - Aeon MQ Skin Team
MarcosQui Website Donate and support us.
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[THEMES] Aeon MQ 69