Win File count does not match library count
I keep my library folders very organized (Xinorbis is awesome) so I know how many of each file type I have. My movie folder contains 555 video files. In XBMC, under "Videos" then "Files" all files are accounted for. The total of all subfolders adds up to 555. However, when I go to "Movies" then "Title" it only shows 536. I don't think it is a file extension issue because there are 19 movies missing. I don't have a file extension that only has a file count of 19. There are 495 .avi, 29 .mkv, 30 .mp4, and 1 .m4v files. All files are in one folder that my library looks at. All in one place.

I have done a "Clean library" operation and I've also updated the library. What might be keeping XBMC from seeing all of my movie files? How can I identify what files are not being added to the library?
Those "missing" movies weren't scanned into your video library, most likely due to the scraper not finding a match based on the file name. Examine the file name (ignore the extension) of one of these "missing" movies and check the scraper site (themoviedb or IMDB, depending on which scraper you use) to see if a movie by that same name can be found there. It may just be a simple case of having to rename your file to match the title on the site. If the movie isn't found because it's some obscure title, you can provide local information for it via an NFO file (wiki) (or, if you're using themoviedb, register for an account there and add this movie to their database for the benefit of others).

When you use the Videos > Files view to display your list of movies, you should be able to spot the ones that aren't in the library, as they have no metadata or artwork. There is also an add-on that will help you locate movies missing from your library: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add...ie_Scanner
Do you have the "Group movies in sets" setting on (in System->Video->Library)? That might account for the discrepancy, as the Library view will be a combination of sets (that contain more than one movie) and movies (that are not in a set or are the only member of their set).

So if, say (at the extreme), you had a single set containing twenty movies, that would account for the difference ( -20 movies +1 set). More likely would be a larger number of sets with an equally larger number of movies spread between them (so long as the difference was 19).

The only other option is that some movies didn't scan into the library which normally occurs because the files are named incorrectly (at least for the site being scraped). If you use the default scraper, your files need to be named according to http://themoviedb.org and not http://imdb.com. There can be differences. If you files are named according to imdb, consider using the Universal scraper. Otherwise you'll need to go through the file view and see which movies don't have metadata and work out the "correct" name to use from themoviedb.org.

Edit: Bah, I'm too slow.
(2013-10-16, 20:52)scudlee Wrote: Edit: Bah, I'm too slow.

Nah, you made great point about the possibility of sets accounting for the difference. Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
File count does not match library count0