ViMediaManager: Organizing Videos
I am using ViMediaManager and it put my entire movie catalogue into their own separate folders. Is this required in order for ViMediaManager to function correctly? It would have been nice if I could set a single folder to store all of my posters and media information, rather than having folders automatically generated for each movie title. Does anybody know if this preferred method is possible to do?

Also, I have things like music videos, random one off BBC documentaries (not part of a full television series), comedy shows, special features (extra footage, making of documentaries for both television and movies), all of which I would like to keep organized within XBMC. Any suggestions for how to do this the proper way?

Thanks!
Yes, ViMedia Manager will place all your media files in individual folders. It should prompt you first asking if you a want this. Since ViMM has their own support thread you may want to post there. The software author is very prompt with support IMO. http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=109976
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
(2013-10-17, 14:32)wgstarks Wrote: Yes, ViMedia Manager will place all your media files in individual folders. It should prompt you first asking if you a want this. Since ViMM has their own support thread you may want to post there. The software author is very prompt with support IMO. http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=109976

It's true that it prompts me but it doesn't give the option to not use folders. It seems to be a folder or nothing solution to organizing media. I also don't like how it clutters the folder with .jpg and .info files everywhere. It sounds like there is no work around fix for this then? Maybe in a future update?
(2013-10-17, 18:50)revlimiter Wrote: It's true that it prompts me but it doesn't give the option to not use folders. It seems to be a folder or nothing solution to organizing media.
Correct

Quote: I also don't like how it clutters the folder with .jpg and .info files everywhere. It sounds like there is no work around fix for this then?
ViMM uses xml files to manage your library. That's how it works. There are options to disable the download of artwork if you don't want it.
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ViMediaManager: Organizing Videos0