advancedsettings in Profile not Pathsubstituting
Quote:pre-emptive TL;dr
pathsubstitution isn't working to point to a new profile-specific sources.xml. the advancedsettings.xml for that profile is below

Hello all,
I have come seeking help with syncing libraries and profiles. I have my main desktop (A) set up with mysql, sharing databases, it all works dandy. Now I'm trying to have multiple accounts on each of my other computers (focus on M). I set up XBMC on M, made a separate profile (M), created its own database in my MySQL database using a different database name (Mvideos instead of Avideos) and accessed the files through SMB. I have since gone back onto A to add a new profile also called M, made a special advancedsettings for it so that it will access Ms database, and am now trying to pathsubstitute the sources file to the shared file that the computer M is accessing and editing. Here is the issue:

M (computer) can access my MySQL server, it's specific database, and it's specific SMB shared sources file (Msources.xml). When I make the advancedsettings file for the M profile on A it properly logs into the correct database that M (computer) is scraping through, and can access those videos and play them. HOWEVER, I have tried pathsubstituting in the M profile advancedsettings on A (computer) so that it to sees the Msources and can scrape for it, and despite it reading the <videodatabase> information for MySQL log in correctly, it will not pathsubstitute to the sources file.

Below is the advancedsettings file for the M profile on my A computer. Please, if you have any suggestions as to what is not XBMC from performing pathsubstitute with Msources properly, please tell me. FYI: In the A advancedsettings, pathsubstitute is working and substitutes sources.xml to the shared A.xml.

Code:
<advancedsettings>
    <videodatabase>
        <type>mysql</type>
        <host></host>
        <port></port>
        <user></user>
        <pass></pass>
        <name>sVideo</name>
    </videodatabase>

<videolibrary>
          <importwatchedstate>true</importwatchedstate>
     </videolibrary>

<pathsubstitution>
        <substitute>
            <from>special://profiles/S/sources.xml</from>
            <to>smb://A/xbmcData/ssources.xml</to>
        </substitute>
        <substitute>
            <from>special://profiles/S/mediasources.xml</from>
            <to>smb://A/xbmcData/ssources.xml</to>
        </substitute>
    </pathsubstitution>

</advancedsettings>
More visual description:
Computer A | Computer M
----------------- | ------------------
(MySQL server) | (Mac "client")
--- contains Avideo database |
--- contains Mvideo database | accesses Mvideo

-----------------
(SMB Server)
--- shares //A/Movies/
--- shares Msources.xml | accesses Msources.xml
--- shares Asources.xml | scrapes through //A/movies/ with the sources listed in Msources.xml on A

-- PROBLEM --
(XBMC on A)
--- videos already in Mvideo database appear
-------- does not see sources listed in Msources.xml (keeps creating userdata/profiles/M/sources.xml)
-------- thus: will NOT scrape videos from Msource into Mvideo

See original post for the M advancedsettings housed on A
Figured it out. For anyone else who fails at this too, the substitution has to be

Code:
special://masterprofile/profiles/S/sources.xml

and not just

Code:
special://profiles/S/sources.xml

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
advancedsettings in Profile not Pathsubstituting0