just a few changes.....but how
I'm quiet satisfied with the looks and features of the standard Confluence-skin but..... I've made a few small changes so far: I lowered the menu-bar and made my own buttons.

What I can't work out is how or if:

I can add a select option in the side menu for "recently added" ?
So when I'm looking at my movies I can already select/unselect watched but I would like to be able to select recently added as well.

Can I make a righthand side menu with custom picked add-ons?
These add-ons will be like Youtube and some radiostreams

I'm not that big of a 'do it my self' , but pointed in the right direction I would like to give it a try. What files do I change and about were should these changes be made?

regards
That's cool out of interest how did you lower the menu bar as that's one of the questions I would like to know how to do

Cheers

Mark
(2013-10-17, 18:33)FIBO Wrote: What I can't work out is how or if:

I can add a select option in the side menu for "recently added" ?
So when I'm looking at my movies I can already select/unselect watched but I would like to be able to select recently added as well.

MyVideoNav.xml, copy and paste one of the buttons, replace the id and the label and for the onclick use <onclick>ActivateWindow(Videos,RecentlyAddedMovies,return)</onclick>
@SouthMark

Here: lower menu-bar

This did give me the warned for problem with the add-ons. They overlap with the menu bar. So when they pop-up you can hardly use the menu-bar.

I never liked them as huge buttons on the main screen, but I would like some that are useful. That's why I would like to try and make a second side-menu on the right.

Other thing is that you will have to change the size of the XBMC logo as well.

In the Home.xml I also changed size and location
Update:

well I did it. Angel not:(Confused
Code:
                    <label>20367</label>
                </control>
                <control type="radiobutton" id="100">
                    <description>Recently Added</description>
                    <textwidth>200</textwidth>
                    <include>ButtonCommonValues</include>
                    <label>Recent Toegevoegd</label>
                    <onclick>ActivateWindow(Videos,RecentlyAddedMovies,return)</onclick>
                </control>
                <control type="button" id="8">

First I tried to copy another button, but that didn't work out well. The bullet didn't color when clicked and I couldn't undo. (go back to all movies view) Then I tried this one below the "other options" and it worked better. Other buttons don't show an onclick, but it works fine. I'm not sure if the <description>Recently Added</description> is really needed, but it point to what has changed.
I had to expand textwidth as well.

So thanx.

Only the add-on thing and I'm satisfied again for some time... Big Grin

EDIT:
It works from A -to- B but not from B -to- A. That means when I'm in the movies view, with info and posters, I can go to the side menu, click the recently added 'button' and I will see all the recently added. When I click remove watched, the list shortens accordingly and I can undo that and the list is complete again. But I can't undo the recently added and go back to all movies view. When I click it again the blue will disappear from the bullet, but I stay in the same list.

So I miss the "un-select" and go back to all movies view.

I think I'm missing a command line here but how to find it?
Cheers FIBO

but what is the setting to be applied for moving the bar?

Also do you know how to make the background full screen rather than having a grey bar at the bottom?

These are the last 2 settings I need to tweak before it's ready to go!

Cheers for the help

Mark
Hi SouthMark

Q:but what is the setting to be applied for moving the bar?
A: Wonder if you read the topic because it says what to change, the Home.xml -file (found at: C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\addons\skin.confluence\720p) there at line somewhere you'll find;
Code:
                <onup>9003</onup>
                <ondown>9000</ondown>
            </control>
        </control>
        <control type="group">
            <posy>600</posy>
            <animation type="WindowOpen" reversible="false">
                <effect type="zoom" start="80" end="100" center="640,360" easing="out" tween="back" time="300" />
                <effect type="fade" start="0" end="100" time="300" />
            </animation>
            <animation type="WindowClose" reversible="false">
                <effect type="zoom" start="100" end="80" center="640,360" easing="in" tween="back" time="300" />
                <effect type="fade" start="100" end="0" time="300" />
            </animation>
            <control type="group" id="9001">
                <posx>0</posx>
                <posy>70</posy>
                <onup>9000</onup>

The 600 in posy>600</posy>, is my new entry and gives you a menu-bar just above the bottom with just enough space to have submenus as well. (i can't upload pictures). Originally this is something like 450 or so.

So the grey area you're talking of doesn't exist on my screen because the menu-bar is there to fill it. (That's why I wanted to lower this menu-bar: not to be plotted over the picture, but to fill this space). So I had no need to stretch my pictures.

for the LOGO repositioning and resizing, just look for logo (Ctrl F in Home.xml) and play around with the figures, just remember to save the file after a change and restart XBMC every time to reload the (changed) file. Else you will not see results. I made it that it just fitted in the left-bottom corner below my menu-bar.

Remember to save the old file ass Home-old.xml
Hi FIBO

Thanks for this, I did read what files were that I needed to edit, I just didn't know what the setting was and the values that needed editing as I am not a programmer more of an enthusiast Wink

Thanks again I will start playing and see where I get to

Cheers

Mark
so actually my "radiobutton" is working like a normal button, I changed this control type and the working result is the same except for a blue bullet. Pressing it will show me the recently added. I thought/hoped there would be a difference between "checked" and "unchecked". Checked is the <onclick> state and unchecked would be a default state. Showing all the movies.

So I've been looking how other radio-buttons work. But I can't see it. How does the Watched radiobutton work. Where is a tutorial?
I don't know any way to use it as a filter like you want it to work

Watched, and other radiobuttons are handled by XBMC itself and you cannot mimic the buttons with skinning.
well than this must do thanx

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
just a few changes.....but how0