• 2(current)
PleXBMC add-on / skin integration support
(2013-10-18, 14:14)Kode Wrote: How do you turn caching off? I will try it tonight.

The only real difference I've made is get all the sections, then if the section is artist/movie/show use the path as the endpoint with /onDeck or /recentlyAdded on the end, if it isn't one of those sections ignore it (otherwise we get blank overlays on all the sections).

If any stacking is done it must be done within the feed as I don't see any explicit stacking in the code, have a look at library/recentlyAdded and library/sections/tvsectionid/recentlyAdded and see if it gives different output.

It on 1st card of plexbmc settings. You don't have remote connection to your home PMS? Smile

My guess is that by changing entry point you ended up in episodes. Previous code was sucking from "aggregated shelf" which was most possibly already stacked. Will check.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

yeah I can get to my pms through my.plexapp.com but not sure how to get the feeds working properly through it.

If that is the case (we are getting episodes instead of seasons now) it's not a big issue, we could probably do the stacking ourselves provided what the feeds are passing to us allows us to
Get and request your ClearLOGOs / ClearART / TV Thumbs / Season Thumbs / Music ClearLOGOs / cdART / Artist Backgrounds / CD Covers from fanart.tv
OK. I have increased number of items to 60 for movies and to 20 for music.

If we limit harvesting to 12 items per section, we should be good for at least 5 (I have 6) movie sections (if sections have less than 12 recently added items we can serve more of them).

Recent episodes have their own 50 slots, but I don't suppose one would make more than 3. Albums are separated and have 20 of their own.

Only thing missing for me ATM is season stacking on the shelf and, if I may add - queue items and recently added photos. Last 2 are lacking skin support ATM but that I can remedy Smile

Thoughts?
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

queue items and recently added photos should be easily added, however, we will need to add them to the shelf options as well, also we'll need to make sure queue items has a recentlyAdded endpoint, I know photos does, but photos (nor music) has onDeck endpoints.

As for the other bits, I really hope someone can suggest a better solution, brute forcing it like that is really limiting, but for now it works for me.
Get and request your ClearLOGOs / ClearART / TV Thumbs / Season Thumbs / Music ClearLOGOs / cdART / Artist Backgrounds / CD Covers from fanart.tv
(2013-10-18, 14:57)Kode Wrote: queue items and recently added photos should be easily added, however, we will need to add them to the shelf options as well, also we'll need to make sure queue items has a recentlyAdded endpoint, I know photos does, but photos (nor music) has onDeck endpoints.

As for the other bits, I really hope someone can suggest a better solution, brute forcing it like that is really limiting, but for now it works for me.

We may be out of luck for Queue because AFAIK it is not available in library sections. I will add support for recent photos to Amber and IFAIK, there are no OnDeck items for music and photos.

The only other way of solving recent items that I can think of, if dynamically generated content is a non go, would be for me to make 10 lists for 10 sections, each containing, say, 20 items.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

(2013-10-18, 13:25)Kode Wrote: we dont have

$INFO[Window(Home).Property(Plexbmc.LatestMovie.UUID.1.Title)]

we have

$INFO[Window(Home).Property(Plexbmc.LatestMovie.1.uuid)]
$INFO[Window(Home).Property(Plexbmc.LatestMovie.1.title)]

In skin language it would be the same as you can't use variables, thus 1st example differs only in that it's item has a longer string.

Quote:if we had $INFO[Window(Home).Property(Plexbmc.LatestMovie.UUID.1.Title)]

then we would only have 25 items, because plexbmc only creates 25 items within Plexbmc.LatestMovie.UUID

This is true for a section (25 limit) but the loop goes on until number of sections is exhausted and populates properties further with a different UUID, of course.

Quote:so in effect with 4 sections, we would have 4 lists of 25 items, rather than the current 1 list of 100 items. look at it like this:

We have 4 list with 25 items NOW, but as I have to use fixed number of slots (50, until I raised it to 60), our list of 100 gets cropped. I have no way of picking up first or third 25 from the list of 100, nor do I have a means to assign one list of the 4 available dynamically to a list. If you create 4 sets of items, each containing 25 items, I would need to prepare 4 lists for them.

Quote:And because you are listing all the Plexbmc.LatestMovie.aaaa-aaaa-aaaa-aaaa items you dont have to check if the uuid is correct because it wouldnt be listed if it wasn't

Sure, if we have a list with UUID we can tell it to show up when Main menu item with the same UUID is selected (focused). However, I would need to make several empty lists ready, to make sure every library section has one. Then I don't need to check list items for visibility, only the list itself.

If you can produce skin code with a script, according to a pattern I would provide so I don't do it by hand, we can give it a try.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

don´t know if i understood everything correctly... as far as i understand you want to compare two lists at skinning level and see if there are matches, right? that won´t work without a hell lot of vis conditions. only sane way i think would be to use python and generate a new list on window startup for example. ( you can fill containers with python)
the $INFO[..$INFO[]....] as proposed does not work as those info labels cannot be nested atm. Jmarshall talked about a rewrite of the parsing engine some time ago which would allow this. no idea if he made any progress on that.
if you have any other specific questions just ping me again. Smile
cheers
Donate: https://kodi.tv/contribute/donate (foundation), 146Gr48FqHM7TPB9q33HHv6uWpgQqdz1yk (BTC personal)
Estuary: Kodis new default skin - ExtendedInfo Script - KodiDevKit
(2013-10-18, 17:43)phil65 Wrote: don´t know if i understood everything correctly... as far as i understand you want to compare two lists at skinning level and see if there are matches, right? that won´t work without a hell lot of vis conditions. only sane way i think would be to use python and generate a new list on window startup for example. ( you can fill containers with python)
the $INFO[..$INFO[]....] as proposed does not work as those info labels cannot be nested atm. Jmarshall talked about a rewrite of the parsing engine some time ago which would allow this. no idea if he made any progress on that.
if you have any other specific questions just ping me again. Smile
cheers

There's a Home main menu container that has library sections (e.g. you can have more than 1 Movie section) and there's another one containing Recently added items. Currently, I have 60 prepared items for Recently added and I'm using StringCompare to match them to Main menu items, so that we can show only recent items from Movie 1 section when it's focused and so on.

Problem arises when you have, say, 7-8 movies sections (kids movies, documentaries...) and "only" 60 recently added items in <content> section because you will hit the limit after 6th, if you pull 10 recently added per main menu section. If you pull 15, things get worse.

Don't know if I can skin container with reserved ID and let video add-on populate items. Something similar like subtitles download script is doing? Or is there a better way to do it? Only thing I could come up with was using 10 lists for 10 Movies sections Smile

I'm happy to elaborate if this was confusing.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

I tried the new skin (with the new plexbmc) and found that my favourites (YouTube, Apple Trailers plug-ins) that I have added to home screen, my music from PMS, settings etc. all have the reserved section (with no content) OnDeck and Recently Added...I've recverted back to the the previous Amber skin from a few days back and all is good again...not sure if that all makes sense or is intended...
(2013-10-20, 05:20)smacrae Wrote: I tried the new skin (with the new plexbmc) and found that my favourites (YouTube, Apple Trailers plug-ins) that I have added to home screen, my music from PMS, settings etc. all have the reserved section (with no content) OnDeck and Recently Added...I've recverted back to the the previous Amber skin from a few days back and all is good again...not sure if that all makes sense or is intended...

Heavy overhaul in progress, will post back when finished.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

No worries, just thought I'd let you know what I see is happening in case it helps...and thanks...I'm really enjoying using Amber...

The only three things I'd love to see are,

1. A number of the amount of unwatched episodes when in Panel view for TV Series/Shows (like in Quartz)
2. A re-van to utilise screen real-esate when in the EPG when Live TV is enabled
3. Support for TV Logos in the EPG/Channel list etc.
Pecinko, should I ask/requerst the above in a different forum/thread sorry?
No, this is the right place.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

At a bit of an impasse at the moment, until I can get http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=176207 resolved theres no point, because currently I can get videos to be listed but not to play, which is completely pointless.
(2013-10-18, 11:04)pecinko Wrote: Please post any questions regarding PleXBMC add-on support in Amber skin here.

KodeStar fork of plexbmc - https://github.com/KodeStar/plugin.video.plexbmc
Latest Amber developement code - https://github.com/pecinko/skin.amber

Both working well for me with multiple Tv and Movie sections Smile Can i suggest removing the .. from the first main directory eg, all videos, recently played, added etc
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PleXBMC add-on / skin integration support2