• 3(current)
RaspBMC Kodi/XBMC test builds
Yeah, probably the same error. TBH, I haven't used RaspBMC in a while so no way to tell if it's the same error. Behaviour suggests it, do.
••• NB! This build requires updated firmware. See post #1 how to update. •••
Edit: Note that firmware to use should be from "next"!

Updated Gotham build from Popcornmix´s newclock3 branch.
This is the same "speed" build as previously but now with the following feature (popcornmix´s own words):
Quote:Big new feature committed to newclock3 branch.
Multichannel PCM HDMI output.
Set the audio channels in settings/system/audio to, e.g. 5.1 and you will get 5.1 audio output without needing passthrough, so it will work with formats like 6 channel AAC.
To install, first update your firmware files from "next" as explained in post #1 and reboot.
Then, SSH to Pi and:
Code:
cd .upgrade
wget -O xbmc-13-20131024-newclock3.tar.gz http://goo.gl/q7jcXL --no-check-certificate
mkdir -p xbmc-13-20131024-newclock3
tar -xzf xbmc-13-20131024-newclock3.tar.gz -C xbmc-13-20131024-newclock3
In Raspbmc, go into "Raspbmc Settings/Nightly Build Configuration/Switch Between Versions of XBMC", and choose new build + restart XBMC.

If you run into any trouble, see post #1
Hello Miappa i updated the firmware and now i cant start my pi
i use an sdcard san disk ultra 30mb/

Edit: Now it works with manuel copy dude have the new build also new performance tweaks ?
See first post. Manually download firmware files and copy them to SD on computer.
Dude can we use this kernel improvments from Sam ?
http://forum.stmlabs.com/showthread.php?tid=11091
Regarding new build, some bug fixes and new feature (see quote from Popcornmix).
The test kernel, I don´t recommend that for now. If you read through that thread you will see that it is very experimental and that it was a regression for many.

Edit: I will edit the first post, I think the preferred method of updating firmware is to install "manually" as it is safer, I also get corrupted files when I fetch them directly to SD.
k thanks dude can you tell me which overclock settings you use ?
If I do that you will probably break your setup. Wink
I have tested my OC for a long while, and all Pi´s are different. My 2 Pi´s has quite different tolerance to OC, and the power supplies as well.
I recommend that you use Raspbmc settings and choose a preset overclock. If not, then you have some testing to do. Wink
But if you are going above fast preset I really recommend a USB install.
While having ac3 pass through disabled with the 5.1 pcm enabled I noticed that I am having audio drops. They happen at most once or twice an hour. It's mildly annoying but the more it occurs the more it annoys me.

Other then that there is definitely notable speed improvements and overall I'm happy with the latest build. By far its the fastest Raspbmc build I've come across.
Cheers tehnatural. Yes, these builds are quite a boost in performance.
I am sure that popcornmix is interested in feedback regarding the new feature.
Did the drop out happen on AC3 and 5.1 or on all media? Other than the drop out, how was the sound?
Have you tested with multichannel AAC and DTS and how does that work?

And I am guessing, you had no problem at all when switching back to passthrough?

As most use multichannel with passthrough my guess is that the most wanted feature is to be able to get multichannel with AAC.

@All
I forgot to mention this, one change in all these builds is the GUI resolution limit. This is now an option in XBMC and the Raspbmc switch (in Raspbmc settings) has been disabled.
If you have a big HD TV I recommend that you test this, it is quite a difference. You can find this setting in Settings/System/Video Output.
You can also set 32bit textures.
This might require more memory so have that in mind, but for me it works really good on a light skin (Amber or default skin) and 512 Pi.
(2013-10-26, 04:22)tehnatural Wrote: While having ac3 pass through disabled with the 5.1 pcm enabled I noticed that I am having audio drops. They happen at most once or twice an hour. It's mildly annoying but the more it occurs the more it annoys me.

I've not seen this occur. Does the receiver show a switch of mode (i.e. 5.1 to stereo) when the drop out occurs?
Does this only occur when speaker layout is set to 5.1? If you set it to 2.0 does it still drop out?
Did the previous build drop out when passthrough was disabled?
(2013-10-26, 11:07)miappa Wrote: Did the drop out happen on AC3 and 5.1 or on all media? Other than the drop out, how was the sound?
Have you tested with multichannel AAC and DTS and how does that work?

And I am guessing, you had no problem at all when switching back to passthrough?

As most use multichannel with passthrough my guess is that the most wanted feature is to be able to get multichannel with AAC.

(2013-10-26, 11:50)popcornmix Wrote: I've not seen this occur. Does the receiver show a switch of mode (i.e. 5.1 to stereo) when the drop out occurs?
Does this only occur when speaker layout is set to 5.1? If you set it to 2.0 does it still drop out?
Did the previous build drop out when passthrough was disabled?

I'm not entirely sure this makes sense (hopefully one of you can confirm), but it may be the cause of the audio drops is a failing ethernet chip on my RPi. The audio drop problem kept getting progressively worse. The cached percentage from my NAS network streams were sharply falling (99% -> 10%...progressive build up...92% -> 63%, etc). Although it never seemed to run out of cache entirely which leaves me curious.

So I swapped that RPi out with a newer one (using the same peripherals), and the audio drops seem to be gone entirely.
It works great so far. Only thing i got is when i choose to shutdown the Pi, my TV turns off but after a few seconds it goes back on and the Pi start's up again.
Nvidia Shield 2019 Pro, Nvidia Shield 2015
Hey Baswazz,
That Pi reboots instead of shutting down is a known issue on Gotham and Pi. I have now stumbled upon it a couple of times myself (but works most of the time, but I have noticed it depends on what skin I am using and that it is quite random).

That the TV turns off is your CEC settings. You can change this behavior in Settings/System/Input devices/Peripherals/CEC.
You can probably also change settings on your TV (if boot causes TV to switch on).
Oké thanks. i am using Amber now i shall check what other skins do. I have tried to shut down a couple of times did not work once.
When i ssh and do a 'sudo shutdown -h now' it does shutdown nicely.

Thanks again!
Nvidia Shield 2019 Pro, Nvidia Shield 2015
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
RaspBMC Kodi/XBMC test builds15