• 5(current)
RaspBMC Kodi/XBMC test builds
Sorry I misspoke : the problem affects only the sound.
There are few hd channels in france, only one has bad sound.
Hey popcorn, should this release make dts-hd available or are your patches not relevant for this kind of audio-streams? because i tried out right now and my avr only shows DTS. Also for me these RaspBMC-Releases are a little more "buggy" then the latest RBEJ-Releases with HD-TV and also with Movies. I had some hangups and reboots while testing last hours. Ive only tried out because of HD-Audio but if someone would confirm that this is still not possible i would stay at my openelec-build.. :-)
Greets, PmK
Hangups and reboots is most likely PSU or overclock related (or a combination).
The builds I have provided here should be very stable (I run them on 2 Pi´s and I haven´t got a hangup or similar since my glorious overclock-testing days Wink ).
If you got all your hardware (and settings) stable you should not have any hangups and definitely not reboots.
(2013-11-04, 22:02)PeaceMkr Wrote: Hey popcorn, should this release make dts-hd available or are your patches not relevant for this kind of audio-streams? because i tried out right now and my avr only shows DTS. Also for me these RaspBMC-Releases are a little more "buggy" then the latest RBEJ-Releases with HD-TV and also with Movies. I had some hangups and reboots while testing last hours. Ive only tried out because of HD-Audio but if someone would confirm that this is still not possible i would stay at my openelec-build.. :-)
Greets, PmK

No DTS-HD suport in any builds. The most the Pi can support with passthrough is 6 channel DTS or AC3.
Latest builds do support mulitchannel PCM audio (up to 8 channels), but ffmpeg cannot decode DTS-HD, so you will only get the 6 channel core anyway.
I run a moderate overclock on both of my pis and on openelec i dont have any single reboot. The uptimes there are very good.
Maybe the other pi behaves a little others then my mainpi. Should test that out. I also like raspbmc a bit more because of the full linux-acc but it needs to be stable.
miappa, could you answer my question if hd-audio should work with your releases? I know that a longer time ago someone has written in the raspberry-forum that a developer works on that but not sure how far that development is right now...
Updated Gotham build, also from popcornmix´s newclock3, rebased on Gotham Nov 4.
Popcornmix´s ”speed” patches has been merged in XBMC master + a lot of other stuff which makes this a bit more experimental than previous builds as it is early November merge window. I was a bit curious about new things in XBMC master but still wanted a few patches in popcornmix´s newclock3.

Confluence has changed quite a bit, specially in settings and dialogs (I like it), it also seems like skin code might have changed so there might be some glitches in other skins.

Edit: New firmware from "next" tree recommended (see below).

To install, SSH to Pi and:
Code:
cd .upgrade
wget -O xbmc-13-20131104-newclock3.tar.gz http://goo.gl/kTe38Z --no-check-certificate
mkdir -p xbmc-13-20131104-newclock3
tar -xzf xbmc-13-20131104-newclock3.tar.gz -C xbmc-13-20131104-newclock3
Then in Raspbmc, go into "Raspbmc Settings/Nightly Build Configuration/Switch Between Versions of XBMC", and choose new build + restart XBMC.

It is recommended that you update firmware from ”next” tree as explained in post #1 (see post below from popcornmix).
(2013-11-05, 00:04)miappa Wrote: If you are on October release I think that you have the correct firmware for this build, but to be sure you can update from ”next” tree as explained in post #1.

There was a commit today to next firmware tree that improves stream silence when used in combination with multichannel PCM audio,
and could possibly help other audio glitch issues.
Ok, thanks!
Link on first page is to latest from next, but I will edit my posts regarding this.
On latest build (20131104), XBMC crashes when trying to open CEC settings.
Tried 3 different skins (including confluence) just in case that was the problem.
I have not tried latest nightly from top of Gotham.

Cannot see anything specific in log but here goes: http://pastebin.com/i8Bdmi7s
(2013-11-05, 12:25)miappa Wrote: On latest build (20131104), XBMC crashes when trying to open CEC settings.
Tried 3 different skins (including confluence) just in case that was the problem.
I have not tried latest nightly from top of Gotham.

Cannot see anything specific in log but here goes: http://pastebin.com/i8Bdmi7s

Yes, it's this commit:
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/3453
I've commented on it.....

...and a fix:
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/commit/4230...204a93216a
Nice Smile
runs very nicely, thanks

but pls is there a way to stop addons being marked as broken? or do the addons simply require updating from their devs?

tia,
Dam0
Even though there might be issues with addons and versions (Frodo/Gotham), I don´t think they should be marked as broken unless they really are broken.
But I am not certain (do not use many addons myself), perhaps specific addons are marked broken on Gotham.
Either way I guess you should take this up with the addon devs.
I seem to be missing the add video's option while the add music option still exists. This is in the latest release.
Hey miker,

I´m not seeing this (tested on Confluence and Amber), do you mean in video file mode where you add sources?
What skin are you using?

Latest is probably a little unstable as it is from when November merge window just opened, and I believe there has been some changes in the GUI and skin code so there might be issues.
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
RaspBMC Kodi/XBMC test builds15