Many Problems with Pi
Hi all,

i have many Problems with my Pi.

Its a 512 MB Version.
Yesterday i has resize the SD-Card with gparted.
After this i get an Error-Msg: *** Error in mount_flash: mount_part: unknown filesystem *** ### Starting debugging shell... type exit to quit ### sh: cant+t access tty; job control turned off

I tried 3 different SD-Cards, 3 different Versions of Openelec, and many different Install-Methods. The Error is allways the same.
On my Pi Nr.2, the Sd-Cards working very well.

Only Raspbmc works on Pi Nr.1 with little Problems.
If Raspbmc is starting, the Resolution is 640x480 and not changeable.
I must write "avoid_safe_mode=1" in the config.txt, than i can change the Resolution.

I think my Pi Nr. 1 is broken? I dont know what i can do.
I will use Openelec on Pi Nr.1.... I hope i find help in this Forum.

BIG SORRY FOR MY BAD ENGLISH :-D Big Grin
What is in your cmdline.txt? It is failing to mount flash, which would suggest you're not using boot=/dev/mmcblk0p1, or your cmdline.txt is not formatted correctly, or it refers to a partition or device which is no longer available (has this ever worked before, or have you just updated to a new version of OpenELEC?)
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
it worked before i useed gparted.
Have you tried placing the SD card from RPi no. 2 into RPi no. 1 to see if it will boot correctly? If it does, then it's not a hardware problem with RPi no. 1.
First run fsck on both partitions of the non working card in a Linux environment from command line (not gparted gui), if that doesn't work a reinstall may be needed. The reason a card works on the old PI and not the new is usually because the new PI has a different ram chip and needs newer firmware, you can get the latest here

https://github.com/Hexxeh/rpi-firmware/b...t?raw=true
https://github.com/Hexxeh/rpi-firmware/b...f?raw=true

copy them to the boot partition overwriting the ones that are there
If I have been of help, please add to my reputation as a way of saying thanks, it's free.
i has tried the SD card from Pi no. 2 but its not working.... Allways the same Error..... I Think Pi No. 1 is broken?!
How old is that RPi? Any recurring problems with it? See here for reference.
(2013-10-19, 19:42)pimmelsack Wrote: it worked before i useed gparted.

(2013-10-20, 00:01)pimmelsack Wrote: i has tried the SD card from Pi no. 2 but its not working.... Allways the same Error..... I Think Pi No. 1 is broken?!

Did you try updating the firmware?? If it worked before Gparted then it's not a hardware problem. On the "broken PI" what type of memory does it have? What markings are on the chip located between the hdmi and the rca video outputs??
If I have been of help, please add to my reputation as a way of saying thanks, it's free.
The Pi is from Year 2013, 8th Week.

Chip = Samsung 307K4P46324EB A6C1
Honestly, we're all a bit in the dark were. We want to help you, but without more details, that's near to impossible.

RPi's leds blink? If so, how many times?

Try a recent OpenELEC build - 3.2.3 should be fine - on a new card. Follow the instructions and pop it in the RPi. If it doesn't boot, odds are you have a faulty RPi, faulty power brick, etc.
Another point, if you don't know what you did to screw it up in the first place, reinstall it.
PI #1:
The issue occured after you used gparted to extend the partition table, well it should be pretty self explanatory that you did something wrong.
Considering you also have this issue on all your cards, it means that you are doing something wrong continiously.
Some electric cleaner agent and some q-tips would also come in handy, it could very well be dirty connectors on the card/rpi.

PI #2:
Look into your config files, follow this: http://elinux.org/RPiconfig#Video_mode_options for the correct values.
it might be your tv that has issues reporting what resolutions it supports to the rpi, who knows..

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Many Problems with Pi0