Linux XBMC 13.0 Gotham - Enable Live TV in settings results in immediate system freeze
I am running XBMC Gotham, with HTS Tvheadend 3.5.244~gf5c5ffd (via git), on a new install of Ubuntu. When I try to enable live TV in the system settings, the system freezes up. Here is a link to my xbmc.log w/ debugging enabled. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

http://paste.ubuntu.com/6267428/
Have you enabled the tvheadend addon?
@negge: you know, I looked in my addons for the PVR section so I could install it and there is no PVR section in addons?.I am wondering if it is hidden or the version I installed it is missing for some reason. So to answer your question, no I haven't yet.
You have to install them separately before they can be enabled. I don't remember the exact package name but you can find out by running "apt-cache search xbmc pvr". Install the tvheadend addon, then configure and enable it and only then enable live TV in XBMC.
@negge: @laric suggested I install sudo apt-get install xbmc-pvr-tvheadend-hts, and that did it. Thanks for your help.
I just experienced the same problem with the system freezing up when TV was enabled. Running: "sudo apt-get install xbmc-pvr-mythtv-cmyth" fixed it for me too. Thanks.
Quote: Running: "sudo apt-get install xbmc-pvr-mythtv-cmyth"
hmm how do you do that? Newbie here Smile
You open a terminal and copy paste that in there, then press Enter.
Hi, I'm experimenting the same problem on ubuntu 14.04, I have compiled gotham 13.2 stable with crystal hd flag, and i have installed xbmc-pvr-tvheadend-hts, shut I compile with a pvr flag or something?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC 13.0 Gotham - Enable Live TV in settings results in immediate system freeze0