New ITX Build with 6 sata
(2013-10-23, 11:44)deksawyer Wrote: fireeater - it's cool. I was just questioning your statements for the sake of clarity, as it was a bit of a sweeping statement and could have been misleading to people scanning the forum. You know how it is....

Great post. This forum seems to be one of the rare places everyone can share their experience and help out without flaming. I know even with all the experience I have building PCs I learn something new all the time. Everyone keep up the good work.
(2013-10-23, 13:52)fireeater Wrote:
(2013-10-23, 11:44)deksawyer Wrote: fireeater - it's cool. I was just questioning your statements for the sake of clarity, as it was a bit of a sweeping statement and could have been misleading to people scanning the forum. You know how it is....

Now, I'm sure there will be more frugal i3 systems (and the opposite) than mine, so my reply was based on my own experience. Things have moved on quite a bit since your system was produced, and power consumption is going down while at the same time processing power is going up.

Hopefully (like me) you learn something new everyday!

cheers

D.

no problem, as you said NUC is also pretty small unit and low power consumption. but additional storage will be "octopus" exteranal usb. and its too expensive than solamnic's setup.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Intel-BOXDC53427...ywords=nuc

I "need" the NEW Haswell Nucs...Nod
(for me this time....
btw most of the items that I ordered (for this build) are on their way... except the Motherboard !!!!!!!!!!)
Teaser

all parts are here... (except sata cables)

you may see that one more fan is added...

this one is to replace the stock Silverstone fan that is so noisy...
C'mon man.......get it built!!! :-)

D.
Updating...

Details:

I tried to use the Silverstone SFX 450 full modular BUT... it made noise....REALLY UGLY NOISE
(i had the v1 of the psu, they CLAIM that v2 does not make such noise)

i had to use another fan for it... but the adapter will come from Hong Kong in about 3 weeks..
and i couldnt wait..

so i bought a "Cheap" OCZ CXS500W that is fully compatible with Haswell... for about 40 euros...

i install everything...

No cable management atm...

I turned on the Fractal to see if it works...
and i hear nothing...

erm... i say... i got something wrong..

But i see picture on the TV ... and all the fans are spinning....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NO NOISE AT ALL.....

The Noctua NH L9i is PERFECT....

i installed with the silent adapter... will post on temps later after the full installation...

the "Cheap" OCZ produces no noise at all...
will see later when i stress it what happens...

Will keep you informed... Wink
Some good old fashion sleeving with black duct-tape Big Grin

btw the ocz psu that replaced the silverstone sfx has a great advantage over other psus for this case...

Short cables Nod

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New ITX Build with 6 sata0