Req Hide Movie Sets with only one movie
That sounds fantastic, see https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc and particular the readme below around quick links for how to contribute and coding guidelines etc, submitting prs and whatnot.

FYI adding the skin library list view is set flag already started with https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/6896 only needs skinning portions which Im trying to figure out. not being a skinner or naturally inclined to any coding, will take me some time to figure but if possible Ill submit those changes.
(helpful when group movies in sets is enabled in skin settings Movie_sets (wiki)).

Some progress is better than no progress at all. Looking forward for your work. if you need any help with git I can help you there.
(2015-04-06, 20:19)uNiversal Wrote: You can easily use the inbuilt movieset manager to remove such movies for the set and thus removes the set with a single movie from the movieset node after the fact. though this is only a workaround using only kodi a remote and nothing else.

The problem being referred to here isn't about "today", but rather the "future"... Meaning:

I have a movie, which is a part of a 3 movie series (set). Or I've seen recent examples where movies that have known future sequels (Avengers, etc), had a set defined for them in IMDB/TheMovieDB, even though "currently" there is only one movie.

Now, I don't want to remove (say Avengers) from the "Avengers Collection", because one day soon, Avengers 2 will be released, and I don't want to re-scrape/re-add my "Avengers 1" to put it back into the set.
Yes, I understand perfectly the issue, and I agree with what you saying.

However you cannot do what you propose now and no matter how much you want to, fact is you cant...

My suggestion is a workaround for now (sort of self deprecating description on suggestion), so in the future when you dont need the pain in the backside workaround (that solves the issue though you may hate it) you can just do what will be (your non existent solution abeit perfect) . Its always a pain when things are introduced but if more people contributed then things would be a lot better.

I can tell you this much, if I had the skills to implement it, it would be done, 1.5 years ago.
Would it be so hard (codingwise) to add a Setting to "Options" -> Video -> Database -> Called "Hide Single Movies in Set Node"

isnt it also easy codingwise? (C++?)

Skinningcodewise it would be something like this:

<visible>Integer.Greatherthan(Container.NumItems,1) + Skin.HasSetting(HideSingleMovieSets)</visible>

is it realy so much harder in C++? No Idea!
I could live with how it is today, but would be cool to see someone do it, specialy if it would be a task as easy it looks in Skincode.
@Rantanplan-1, See post #15 in this thread. I have just started getting spun up to try and take a look at this issue.
(2015-04-08, 22:58)Rantanplan-1 Wrote: Would it be so hard (codingwise) to add a Setting to "Options" -> Video -> Database -> Called "Hide Single Movies in Set Node"

isnt it also easy codingwise? (C++?)

Skinningcodewise it would be something like this:

<visible>Integer.Greatherthan(Container.NumItems,1) + Skin.HasSetting(HideSingleMovieSets)</visible>

is it realy so much harder in C++? No Idea!
I could live with how it is today, but would be cool to see someone do it, specialy if it would be a task as easy it looks in Skincode.

If you recon its that easy in skinning why dont you submit a PR that adds a settings etc? Im sure this is preferred rather than hardcoding into core.

When jmorey is all spun up then I suppose then will have another take on it.
(2015-04-09, 04:03)jmorey Wrote: @Rantanplan-1, See post #15 in this thread. I have just started getting spun up to try and take a look at this issue.
Sry simply overlooked that

(2015-04-09, 10:19)uNiversal Wrote: If you recon its that easy in skinning why dont you submit a PR that adds a settings etc? Im sure this is preferred rather than hardcoding into core.
Not possible via Skinning! You cant exclude ListItems that way.
(the example was just to show the logic.)
+1 Before seeing this I thought this is a bug
Euh so in short, can i hide sets containing only one movie? but that movie should be listed in normal list as one movie
You can, but need to remove movie from set using the kodi built in movie set manager, which solution displeases most people here apparently though it works.
+1 should be an option to hide sets with only one movie. IMHO should be the default.
That is the default. They're simply not hidden from the sets node, which is really just for management rather than browsing.

Yes, this request is still valid, but I just don't understand why people are using the sets node for browsing. When I look for a movie to watch, it's usually by something that is about the movie, such as genre, year, directors, a rating of some kind, etc. I don't really care if the movie itself has sequels or not. Sets are nice to group up movies in the main browsing nodes. The sets node itself is... an odd place to start a movie from.
For us here its simple.

If we wish to start watching a movie set from its first through to last movie and dont wish to navigate through all the remainder of library entries the movie set node is the natural and only choice that makes sense.

This request has caused WW3 back when this thing was added and years later its still as it is, and the workaround exists. I suggest people use until a more ideal solution comes along, its not that hard.

IMO though there's way more movie set related support (by default) Ide like to see implemented rather than this which if I had a todo list this would be at the very bottom where sets are concerned.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Hide Movie Sets with only one movie1