Movie not showing
For some reason this movie is not showing up in XBMC (Frodo)

I added my movie drive, scraped all the film info etc but this one is not showing up despite being organised like all the rest

[Movie Source]/Invasion of the Body Snatchers (1956)/Invasion of the Body Snatchers.avi

It doesn't even show up when I look via Videos -> Files

I can't understand why it isn't showing and no matter what I try I can't get it to show up (I tried rescanning multiple times)

Thanks for your help,
It's odd that you can't see the physical folder/file via Video > Files. Be sure you don't have "Hide watched" enabled in the slideout menu on the left when viewing your list of movies.
Thanks for your help
No I don't have hide watch ticked

It is a really weird problem

Can you think of any more information I might be able to provide to help solve this?
Is that movie folder/file in the same parent folder as all your other movie folders/files? Are you able to see that folder/file when you navigate through SYSTEM > File manager?
Hmm I figured out a sort of solution/work around
I just renamed the file the movie is in and it seemed to show up in Video > Files
(Renamed it to "The Invasion of the Body Snatchers (1956)")

XBMC had trouble scraping the media info as obviously now it was detecting the wrong title
I just had to edit the movie title in the context menu and its now added to movies

I tried changing it back to simply "Invasion of the Body Snatchers (1956)" and once again it didn't show up
I really can't figure out why, it is very strange

Oh well, Ill just have to live with having the file name be something slightly different than the actual movie title (not the end of the world)
I just tested this using the folder/file naming convention you presented above and this movie was added to my library (using themoviedb.org scraper). Even if the scraper wasn't able to identify the movie due to some naming discrepancy and, thus, couldn't add it to your library, this shouldn't prevent the physical folder and file from being displayed in the VIDEOS > Files view. Very odd indeed.

Anyway, glad you at least found a workaround to this.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Movie not showing0