Quick Question = Short Answer Needed
XBMC,

A small question; my internal (motherboard) videocard is Intel HD3000 series.
I have a ATI HD6450 laying around which i can plug in. Both support DTS-HD and True-HD which is a must for me...

Which one do you recommend to use to have the best video performance/quality.

Thanks in advance,
Mitch.
If you can use the 6450 I would use it. That card has proven to be one of the best card for home entertainment and 24p playback.
The HD3000 has had a few bugs with XBMC. Might have been fixed now, but I would still go with the 6450.
System: XBMC Gotham 13.1, HTPC: AMD 6450 1GB, Intel i5 3470S, 8GB DDR3, ASUS P8H61-M PRO, OCZ SSD Agility 3, NYXboard Hybrid Remote
Surround: NAD M15HD2, NAD M25, B&W 803 Diamond, B&W DB1, B&W HTM4, Pioneer KRP-600A / Panasonic 65VT50
With respect to HD3000 it is the problem with the graphics driver and not with XBMC. The macroblocking/artifacts with certain 24p videos is a known issue with HD3000.
Thanks for the info guys...right now im trying the ATI HD6450 but not without any issues...
I set it up just like my Intel HD3000, but the videos play NOT as smooth as the Intel.

My system;

Windows 7 64bit
12GB DDR3
Intel i3
Ati Radeon HD6450

Do i need to setup XBMC in a different way now that i use another Graphic Card.

Here are my XBMC settings;

- Render: Software
- DXVA2 = OFF
- Fullscreen rather then true fullscreen = ON
- Audio: HDMI 5.1
- Audio Device = Wasapi - ATI HD HDMI Audio

I installed the latest drivers from the website, do i need to enable/disable some properties in the Ati Catalyst Control?

Hope to hear from you cause i was hoping on better playback then the Intel, right now it is worse....

Thanks!
Try turning on DXVA2 and turn off Fullscreen, change Render to DXVA. You might also want to try turning on Adjust Refresh Rate to match screen resolution.
Is there a reason why you turn off dxva2? Not sure what kind of videos you are playing. I can never play Bluray quality videos with not stuttering when dxva is off on my i7/HD3000 machine.
(2013-10-22, 23:29)milli Wrote: Is there a reason why you turn off dxva2? Not sure what kind of videos you are playing. I can never play Bluray quality videos with not stuttering when dxva is off on my i7/HD3000 machine.

Think that was the recommendation at one time with 'i' systems, when xbmc and intel drivers didn't play well together.
Yeah indeed, because it was recommended for my previous Intel HD Driver.
I will try those settings today and report back!
Since "Torcar" has the same videocard as i do i asked him for his advice...for him the following settings workes perfect;

- Render: Hardware
- DXVA2 = ON
- Fullscreen rather then true fullscreen = ON
- Audio: HDMI 5.1
- Audio Device = Wasapi - ATI HD HDMI Audio
- Adjust display refreshrate to match video
- No sync options enabled.

Now... be warned, XBMC has a 24p bug that has followed it for years... so you might experience audio sync issues. In my experience this varies according to what kind of TV you have.
I have set a 200ms delay on all 24p material in the advancedsettings.xml file and this works good for me.

So now i wanna set up my XBMC like his to see how it looks/works/feels but i have some problems;

- Render Mode: "Hardware" isnt available on my XBMC 12.2. Only Pixel Shader, Auto Detect, Software or DXVA.
- I dont have a advancedsettings.xml in my XBMC folder and/or in my Application Data folder (can i create this? and what command/line should i put in?)
- The computer + XBMC itself is in fullscreen BUT when i play a video it isnt...

Hope you can help me out with those problems...

Thanks!
it isnt really a quick question anymore, is it Wink...

Still hope you guys can help me out!

Cheers
Yip a bit more complexBig Grin

1. I don't have 'Hardware' as an option either - be inclined to change to Auto Detect.
  2. Have a read here (the wiki is always a good source) http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=advancedsettings.xml if you have issues with audio delay, you can set individual delays from a properly formatted advancesetting file, for each individual refresh rate - see under 'Latency'.
  3. Sounds like an overscan issue - go to Catalyst Control Centre/My Digital Flat Panels/Scaling Options and make sure the overscan setting is set to 0%. If you are using 'Adjust Display Refresh Rate to Match Video' then you have to carry this out for each refresh rate your going to use (ie 23/24, 50 etc).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Quick Question = Short Answer Needed0