DVBLink Client Watching Whilst Recording
Hi,

I am using the DVBLink Client 1.70 and would like to know if there is a way to watch programs whilst they are recording? If I start watching the recording that for example has been recording for 10 minutes I can watch that ten minutes and then playback stops, I then have to go back to the recordings and press play again and fast forward to where I got to until that then runs out and the cycle continues :-( I know that this is possible using the VUPlus Client without any issues but I have invested alot of money into DVBLink to run my 4 clients....

Many Thanks In Advance
At the moment there does not seem to be much of a work around. I have exactly the same issue and it appears to be related to XBMC not dealing well with files that are growing while it plays them.

The closest I have found to a workaround to this problem was to add my recording location as a source in XBMC and watch the files directly (Though they are no longer ordered as nicely as in the PVR function) It is still a bit problematic, on my setup it would allow me to watch bbeyond where the live point was when I stated if I play the file directly in the video tab not under the PVR tab but once that initial live point is reached I can not time slip any more, any attempts to cue or review or skip in any way and the playback returns to the original live point.

It is not a great issue for me as most recordings we make overnight and then watch complete later on. So far DVB link are the only ones who make software to use my NAS to manage the recordings so I live with the limitation. Done that way all my HTPC's can be asleep while recordings go on overnight.
Hi,

Thanks for the reply, most of the recordings the family watch are already completed so that is not an issue, but for me I watch an awful lot of motorsport and always have this problem! I found the workaround to exit from XBMC and watch the currently recording program with VLC player and then all is well but it does kinda defeat the object of XBMC :-(
Funny enough, my only issues are exactly the same. About the only active recordings we try to watch are F1 Grands Prix when they are on at a sensible time as we dislike the local commentary at the start and like to skip ad breaks of course, everything else is recorded and watched later.

No real option for me to jump out and use the VLC player, we are using an Openelec build so I don't really have an underlying OS to exit to in order to do that.
Hmm... Not Sure what you can do on Openelec :-( Am really hoping someone can offer some help with this issue, it is the only problem my whole family and I have since leaving MCE about a year ago........
Can anyone else offer any help on this please?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DVBLink Client Watching Whilst Recording1