Maverick
I dont know your reason for updating to 10.9 Beta 1 or for wanting to use XBMC on it. But crashing on start is the least of your worries once you figure out how to get it running. Not to mention how much work is needed in the Dev release of 10.9. The admins would be better off banning and closing all threads related to 10.9 and xbmc.
If you don't want to use nightly versions - you can use XBMC 11.0 Eden. It works like a charm with DP1 and DP2 of Mavericks.
Is there a solution to remove the menu bar from the secondary monitor (tv)? It is pretty annoying to have it in full screen mode and not able to hide it.
Make sure you're running DP2. If it's still a problem then you can change back to pre-Mavericks multi-display behaviour, and make sure to report the bug to Apple (you're a registered developer, right?)
(2013-06-26, 00:13)vancuver Wrote: If you don't want to use nightly versions - you can use XBMC 11.0 Eden. It works like a charm with DP1 and DP2 of Mavericks.

Thanks for the tip.

However, to take advantage of the improved technologies introduced in 10.9, apps to have to be updated and in many cases this is not a small job, espcially considering some of the video/audio changes in 10.9. Why not therefore run a stable system untill not just the release of 10.9 but of the updated versions of the apps.
Macmini Server 2011 i7 Quad Core, OS 10.8.2, Amp Onkyo TX-SR308 USB WD drives 3x2TB TV Samsung Plasma 720p EyeTV Integration
There are only 10 kinds of people in this world, those who understand binary, and those who don't.

(2013-06-19, 22:24)Pergamon Wrote: Just compiled that fix, it works on OSX 10.9 DP1 (and also still works on 10.8 ;-) ). Needs to be compiled on a 10.8 machine, since the build system isn't yet modified for the new XCode versions.
You can still compile on Mavericks using Xcode 4 (assumed you've upgraded from 10.8 to 10.09, not doing a fresh install and had developer tools installed before). Just use xcode-select and point it to Xcode 4's developer directory. Bootstrap the depends, configure with SDK 10.8 and you're good to go.
Is there anyone willing to share his build of XBMC Frodo with the Mavericks patch?

I've setup a VM with Mountain Lion to try and build it myself, followed the README for OSX but got these errors:

Code:
In file included from gl_linkedhash_list.c:24:
In file included from ./stdint.h:68:
/usr/include/inttypes.h:238:10: error: unknown type name 'intmax_t'
  extern intmax_t imaxabs(intmax_t j);
         ^
/usr/include/inttypes.h:238:27: error: unknown type name 'intmax_t'
  extern intmax_t imaxabs(intmax_t j);
                          ^
/usr/include/inttypes.h:242:9: error: unknown type name 'intmax_t'
        intmax_t quot;
        ^
/usr/include/inttypes.h:243:9: error: unknown type name 'intmax_t'
        intmax_t rem;
        ^
/usr/include/inttypes.h:246:28: error: unknown type name 'intmax_t'
  extern imaxdiv_t imaxdiv(intmax_t numer, intmax_t denom);
                           ^
/usr/include/inttypes.h:246:44: error: unknown type name 'intmax_t'
  extern imaxdiv_t imaxdiv(intmax_t numer, intmax_t denom);
                                           ^
/usr/include/inttypes.h:249:10: error: unknown type name 'intmax_t'
  extern intmax_t strtoimax(const char * restrict nptr, char ** restrict endptr, int base);
         ^
/usr/include/inttypes.h:250:10: error: unknown type name 'uintmax_t'; did you mean 'uintptr_t'?
  extern uintmax_t strtoumax(const char * restrict nptr, char ** restrict endptr, int base);
         ^
/usr/include/i386/types.h:109:24: note: 'uintptr_t' declared here
typedef unsigned long           uintptr_t;
                                ^
In file included from gl_linkedhash_list.c:24:
In file included from ./stdint.h:68:
/usr/include/inttypes.h:260:10: error: unknown type name 'intmax_t'
  extern intmax_t wcstoimax(const wchar_t * restrict nptr, wchar_t ** restrict endptr, int base);
         ^
/usr/include/inttypes.h:261:10: error: unknown type name 'uintmax_t'; did you mean 'uintptr_t'?
  extern uintmax_t wcstoumax(const wchar_t * restrict nptr, wchar_t ** restrict endptr, int base);
         ^
/usr/include/i386/types.h:109:24: note: 'uintptr_t' declared here
typedef unsigned long           uintptr_t;

I also tried a VM with Lion (10.7):
Code:
/usr/bin/curl -Ls --create-dirs --output /Users/Shared/xbmc-depends/tarballs/readline-6.0.tar.gz http://mirrors.xbmc.org/build-deps/darwin-libs/readline-6.0.tar.gz
make[1]: *** [/Users/Shared/xbmc-depends/tarballs/readline-6.0.tar.gz] Error 6
make: *** [readline] Error 2
Platforms: macOS - iOS - OSMC
co-author: Red Bull TV add-on
FYI The nightly build from 9/25/2013 is working on OS X Mavericks DP8 for me.
Of course it works. The mavericks patch has been merged for ages.
I just don't want to use something alpha as one of my main media centers + shared database is not compatible between Frodo and Gotham.
(2013-09-27, 23:40)tripkip Wrote: Of course it works. The mavericks patch has been merged for ages.
I just don't want to use something alpha as one of my main media centers + shared database is not compatible between Frodo and Gotham.

No body is asking you to do anything. My post is merely informative to the subject of the thread.

Lest we forgot, if no one participated in testing pre-release software, you wouldn't have stable releases to begin with, so how about we all jut be friends ok?
"Can't we all just get along?" I enjoy using new software and operating systems. I generally download them and use them as early as possible but not on my primary machine. If you are going to use a beta, you should expect some bugs and compatibility issues. That said, I'm getting ready to watch some XBMC on my Mavericks... Love it. Thanks for getting ahead of the curve.

I am still disappointed that Frodo isn't supported on PowerPC machines because I have way too many of them sitting around.
Someone finally got XBMC working again on Linux PPC: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=173287

Not sure how well it runs, but might be worth a shot if you have time to kill :)
(2013-09-29, 04:37)Ned Scott Wrote: Someone finally got XBMC working again on Linux PPC: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=173287

Not sure how well it runs, but might be worth a shot if you have time to kill Smile

Someone from the team should take a look at it asap. Mavericks has just gone GM and a release is imminent.
Forum is going to be flooded with topics of Frodo crashing after it's released.

I suggest to patch Frodo and do 12.2.1 for Mac only.
Well, would be good too to have in that 12.2.1 a fix for the menu bar in multiple monitors, is all the time visible that bar, and no way to hide it (should be hidden by program).

I know is still not official 10.9, but... is GM and would be good to give it a check.
well, Mavericks is Goldmaster hope you guys release fix soon
BR

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Maverick1