• 2(current)
Video "Buffering" stutter every few minutes on 10.9
(2013-11-14, 05:41)nmirza Wrote:
(2013-11-14, 00:57)jhonny30 Wrote: Hi
Any news concerning the origin of the buffering issue?
I read somewhere that XBMC EDEN would cause less problems with Mavericks than Frodo...?!
Did you try that?
Thanks

Yes the origin of the buffering issues in my case is samba/smb3 whatever 10.9 uses. LOcal files from same drive play fine. Streaming through samba though has the buffering issue.

Ive included logs but so far no devs have gotten back to me on this issue. Id imahine it definitely deserves some attention and not sure what the priority is for a fix.

I'm not a dev, but I'll try to replicate this. I have to redo my 10.9 drive and have been dragging my feet about it, but it's high on my list of things to do by this weekend. This and some other stuff I've been meaning to test and such.
(2013-11-14, 06:42)Ned Scott Wrote:
(2013-11-14, 05:41)nmirza Wrote:
(2013-11-14, 00:57)jhonny30 Wrote: Hi
Any news concerning the origin of the buffering issue?
I read somewhere that XBMC EDEN would cause less problems with Mavericks than Frodo...?!
Did you try that?
Thanks

Yes the origin of the buffering issues in my case is samba/smb3 whatever 10.9 uses. LOcal files from same drive play fine. Streaming through samba though has the buffering issue.

Ive included logs but so far no devs have gotten back to me on this issue. Id imahine it definitely deserves some attention and not sure what the priority is for a fix.

I'm not a dev, but I'll try to replicate this. I have to redo my 10.9 drive and have been dragging my feet about it, but it's high on my list of things to do by this weekend. This and some other stuff I've been meaning to test and such.

Thanks! Here is the link to the detailed breakdown of my issue and logs:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1534841
I'll stay tuned for more then! ;-)
I have one rough guess and someone would need to try the following to verify.

open a shell and edit XBMC.app/Content/Info.plist

add

Code:
<key>LSUIElement</key>
        <string>1</string>

Then save the plist.

If this fixes the issue - it would be related to the app nap stuff added to mavericks (e.x. timer coalescing)
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
I'm having a similar issue but for me the 'buffering'/stuttering isn't random, but rather happens every time I skip through a video. Has only happened since I upgraded OS X. Is this a Mavericks thing?
I just tried edit Info.plist and when I am trying to start xbmc the icon just "jumps" up and down..
hey i tried this, and its exactly the same problem still. nothing has changed.

(2013-11-15, 00:30)Memphiz Wrote: I have one rough guess and someone would need to try the following to verify.

open a shell and edit XBMC.app/Content/Info.plist

add

Code:
<key>LSUIElement</key>
        <string>1</string>

Then save the plist.

If this fixes the issue - it would be related to the app nap stuff added to mavericks (e.x. timer coalescing)
Here neither... Tried a clean install of mavericks... Nothing new:-(
Did someone try using this solution? It is in post #56! http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1552506
(2013-11-24, 15:17)jhonny30 Wrote: Did someone try using this solution? It is in post #56! http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1552506

i'll see if i can understand the solution first, since i'd want something reversible (i.e. i don't want nfs to suddenly become the default protocol or whatever).

I'm very cautious with nfs because up until 10.8 i couldnt get it to work. tried nfs manager. bunch of other methods. In fact There was a whole 2 week stretch where i tried to get it up and running without any luck.

even now, i'm not sure it will be a viable solution. I have a bunch of mac mini htpc clients throughout the home, since i couldnt get nfs to work before, i doubt i'll be able to get them to work now. i'm hoping for an smb fix because i think thats the only "universal" way for me to get all my htpc's to work.
Why wouldn't it be reversible? If the fix for smb is out you just go back to smb, or is that not a possibility for you? If it works it seems like a possibility for me...
(2013-11-24, 15:27)jhonny30 Wrote: Why wouldn't it be reversible? If the fix for smb is out you just go back to smb, or is that not a possibility for you? If it works it seems like a possibility for me...

ok i went through the last few pages of the thread and tried to understand the commands. i was just thinking maybe it somehow removes smb so osx defaults to nfs or wahtever. but thats not the case.

but i do need a clarification from you.

in post 56, is that to get nfs running on the server? or to get it running on the client?

I stumbled across that thread previously as well, and seems its about using osx as server. my issue is that osx as client is not streaming properly. nonetheless, if you can confirm that that solution is for the client side, then i'll give it a shot.
Emmmhhh... Really don't understand the difference? My english is not so good.
I use a mac mini with xbmc to watch tvshows witch are stored on a NAS... So the mac mini with osx is the client and the NAS would be the server?? Right??
(2013-11-24, 16:49)jhonny30 Wrote: Emmmhhh... Really don't understand the difference? My english is not so good.
I use a mac mini with xbmc to watch tvshows witch are stored on a NAS... So the mac mini with osx is the client and the NAS would be the server?? Right??

Yep that is exactly right.
I am not so sure? As i understand you use nfs manager to edit what folder to share using nfs... So i would thing to use nfs manager to tell which folder to share on my nas and so acces it with xbmc? How did you understand it?
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video "Buffering" stutter every few minutes on 10.91