How to associate Remote Control to open XBMC?
I have this one

and If I press Menu it opens Front Row. Instead I want to open XBMC?

Any idea of how to do that? Is that possible?

Now I must open XBMC using keyboard / mouse and after that I can do all with remote control.. just missing the opening of the XBMC?

Any idea?

Thanks

EDIT: MUCH better (and free) solution below
(2012-05-07, 13:20)blekm Wrote: I have this one

and If I press Menu it opens Front Row. Instead I want to open XBMC?

Any idea of how to do that? Is that possible?

Now I must open XBMC using keyboard / mouse and after that I can do all with remote control.. just missing the opening of the XBMC?

Any idea?

Thanks

Go under Settings -> System -> Input Devices and make sure that "Allow start of XBMC using the remote" is enabled. When you exit XBMC then pressing the Menu button on the Apple Remote will start XBMC again.

Kodi 17, Transparency Skin
PogoPlug v4 running Arm Linux 4.4.63 as MySQL (mariadb) server.
Mac OS 10.12.5
2015 27" iMac 3.3 GHz Quad, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
2015 13" Macbook Pro, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD
AppleTV 4 TV OS 10
(2012-05-07, 22:27)winestock Wrote: Go under Settings -> System -> Input Devices and make sure that "Allow start of XBMC using the remote" is enabled. When you exit XBMC then pressing the Menu button on the Apple Remote will start XBMC again.

Holy crap, how did I not see this before. I even took a picture of that exact setting for use on the XBMC Wiki. Now I just feel silly :)

In any case, very awesome.
(2012-05-07, 22:27)winestock Wrote: Go under Settings -> System -> Input Devices and make sure that "Allow start of XBMC using the remote" is enabled. When you exit XBMC then pressing the Menu button on the Apple Remote will start XBMC again.

just done, but still doesn't start Angry

(2012-05-08, 10:48)blekm Wrote:

Exit XBMC and open the AcitivityMonitor utility app. Do you see under processes an entry called XBMCHelper?
Mac OS 10.12.5
AppleTV 4 TV OS 10
(2012-05-08, 21:58)winestock Wrote:
(2012-05-08, 10:48)blekm Wrote:

Exit XBMC and open the AcitivityMonitor utility app. Do you see under processes an entry called XBMCHelper?

yes, it's there. I just killed it, but the menu button still does nothing..

(2012-05-09, 02:31)blekm Wrote:
(2012-05-08, 21:58)winestock Wrote:
(2012-05-08, 10:48)blekm Wrote: just done, but still doesn't start Angry

yes, it's there. I just killed it, but the menu button still does nothing..

You don't want to kill off XBMCHelper as it is what processes the Apple Remote key presses. Try renaming your ~/Library/Application Support/XBMC folder to something other then XBMC. Now run XBMC, enable "Allow start of XBMC using the remote", exit XBMC and then press the menu button on the Apple Remote. XBMC should re-start running.
Mac OS 10.12.5
AppleTV 4 TV OS 10
I don't have the XBMC folder under /Mac/Library/Application Support.. Undecided it should be there?
(2012-05-10, 02:30)blekm Wrote: I don't have the XBMC folder under /Mac/Library/Application Support.. Undecided it should be there?

The '~' refers to your user account. The Library folder in your user account maybe hidden. To get to it, hold down the option-key while clicking on the Go menu, then select Library. A finder window will open where you now have access to your Library folder.
Mac OS 10.12.5
AppleTV 4 TV OS 10
ok, find. I done all your advise but still doesn't start.. uff, never mind, I will start the program by mouse / keyboard and the use the remote control
FYI, any time I've changed my setup in Settings -> System -> Input Devices -> "Allow start of XBMC using the remote", I've had to restart my Mac Mini before the changes take effect.

This was the case with Plex, too. Before restarting it would launch Front Row; after restarting, it would launch Plex/XBMC.
I've restarted several times, but still nothing happen,
Kodi (XMBC) has to be in Applications folder in order the Menu button to start the app.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to associate Remote Control to open XBMC?0