• 2(current)
OS X Problem with SMB protocol after updating to Mac OS Maverick
(2013-10-25, 13:41)cecemf Wrote:
(2013-10-23, 23:35)knaapjen Wrote: Hi, I have updated my Macbook Pro to Mac OS Mavericks, and since then my apple tv 2 isn't properly working.

The SMB protocol doesn't seem to work anymore? I can't add new directory's with (zeroconfig, SMB) and it can't find the old directory's.

Is there a fixx for this or is there anyone who knows what te problem is.

Did you update your Apple Tv to the latest OS that came out last night ?

I haven't updated my ATV2 in years. It auto boots in to xbmc.
Hello everyone! fixed the problem with not working SMB over Mavericks by installing SMBUp. SMB now works, but there is a new bug now - synchronization over mysql doesn't work anymore.

That's a really annoying issue with this Mavericks OS. Can somebody tell me if I'm doing something wrong, or that's just a temporary bug in this nightly build of XBMC which works with Mavericks?

Thank you!
Excuse my ignorance, but what do you need mysql for?
I use my mac mini like a media_server/player that shares all the content to another(non Mac OS) xbmc devices. I use mysql to synchronize all the databases. You can look details here http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW...sing_MySQL
(2013-10-25, 23:50)Ashlom Wrote: Hello everyone! fixed the problem with not working SMB over Mavericks by installing SMBUp. SMB now works, but there is a new bug now - synchronization over mysql doesn't work anymore.

That's a really annoying issue with this Mavericks OS. Can somebody tell me if I'm doing something wrong, or that's just a temporary bug in this nightly build of XBMC which works with Mavericks?

Thank you!

Did you update all clients to a nightly build? The nightly on your mac will have a newer database than what your other machines can read, therefore appears as MySQL not working
Other clients are OpenElec installed to Raspberry Pies. I'm was not sure that there is a possibility to instal the nightly on RPi. I don't think that this is the cross platform problem... I never had any problems using different builds yet.
(2013-10-25, 23:52)tomski182 Wrote: Excuse my ignorance, but what do you need mysql for?

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW...sing_MySQL
Kodi 17, Transparency Skin
PogoPlug v4 running Arm Linux 4.4.63 as MySQL (mariadb) server.
Mac OS 10.12.5
2015 27" iMac 3.3 GHz Quad, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
2015 13" Macbook Pro, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD
AppleTV 4 TV OS 10
Fixed the mysql issue by installing the latest stable 12.2 Frodo+mavericks_patch. There was a problem in nightly build. Now everything works well.
So to finalize xbmc over mavericks CAN work. You just need to use not apple's SMB issues.
(2013-10-27, 01:20)Ashlom Wrote: Fixed the mysql issue by installing the latest stable 12.2 Frodo+mavericks_patch. There was a problem in nightly build. Now everything works well.
So to finalize xbmc over mavericks CAN work. You just need to use not apple's SMB issues.

You still had to use SMBUp though, right?
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
Yep. Apples's SMB2.0 still don't work with XBMC.
The SMB issue that SMBUp was being used for was fixed in one of the v12 bug fix releases. If it's not working with 10.9 then that is a new issue.
(2013-10-27, 02:53)Ashlom Wrote: Yep. Apples's SMB2.0 still don't work with XBMC.

Good to know. Think it'll be a while before I update.
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
(2013-10-23, 23:35)knaapjen Wrote: Hi, I have updated my Macbook Pro to Mac OS Mavericks, and since then my apple tv 2 isn't properly working.

The SMB protocol doesn't seem to work anymore? I can't add new directory's with (zeroconfig, SMB) and it can't find the old directory's.

Is there a fixx for this or is there anyone who knows what te problem is.

Mavericks SMB2 doesn't work XBMC Eden on my Gen1 AppleTV units (it worked very POORLY with Mountain Lion's SMB, often locking or crashing). Installing SMBUp (which puts Samba3 on your machine) DOES work perfectly with Mavericks and Mountain Lion with XBMC and older versions of XBMC like Eden. The only issue is that Mavericks likes to re-enable SMB2 on reboots for some reason, despite turning it OFF in System Preferences. It then disable SMBUp. I just have to turn off SMB2 again in preferences and re-start the SMBUp Samba server (takes less than 30 seconds, really and I don't reboot much, but it'd be nice if Mavericks would respect my preferences changes just the same).

I'm thinking of switching to NFS, though. I don't plan on updating my AppleTVs past Eden any time soon since I'd have to insert a USB drive to use newer versions of XBMC and that's not acceptable to me right now. But I want SMB2 available in case I need it and you can't run it and Samba3 at the same time, as far as I can tell.
THEATER: Epson 3100 3D Projector, DaLite 92" screen, 11.1.6 (Marantz SR7012 + Yamaha HTR-5960 + Onkyo ESPro) - Mixed Dialog Lift  - PSB T45/B15/S50/X1T/CS500 Speakers & Def Tech PF-1500 15" sub ; Sources: PS4, LG UP875 UHD, Nvidia Shield (KODI), ATV4K, Zidoo X9S (ZDMC), LD, GameCube
Here is a link if anyone needs it. http://eduo.info/apps/smbup
Many thanks to all who advised about installing SMBUp.

I upgraded from Snow Leopard to Mavericks over the weekend, running Frodo 12.2 on a Win7 machine streaming from external drives connected to my iMac.

I was eventually able to restore my network connections between Windows and OS X but discovered after adding a couple of new movies to my collection that they weren't being scraped, I could browse to the directories via Windows Explorer and see the files so it wasn't because of the network connection.

After investigating possible causes I noticed a peculiar behaviour in XBMC where I could browse to the drive where I added the movies but there were 0 items in the specific directory. Initially I thought maybe it didn't like spaces between the names of the folders containing the movie files and after an hour of troubleshooting I realised that XBMC connecting to SMB shares hosted on Mavericks couldn't see any more than around 50 titles in a single folder.

As the enormity of this dawned upon me due to the size of my library I was faced with the prospect of either reinstalling Snow Leopard, reorganising my entire collection and rescraping or searching the forums for a possible solution.

I'm so glad I decided upon the latter. Installed SMBUp and samba shares are working perfectly again (in truth better than they were before) and I won't lose hours out of my day with downgrading the OS or rescraping my entire library.
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problem with SMB protocol after updating to Mac OS Maverick0