some Problems in V17 and the old Versions
Hello,
English isnt my favorite speech so please be gentle.
I used Ember since V1.1 and i like it. for me Ember is nothing more than a Media Database adress the Movies in the Serverpark to find and look. Poster, Fanart i used- Trailer not.
1. Since the changing of the IMDB Api in summer the scraper don´t find as video taged Films. So a lot TV-Films wasen´t found during Automatic scrapping but still with the exact Title in IMDB. The same with Videos (No Cinestart)
And in IMDB with the originalname saved Films.
Request: Can you implemented a funktion that each stopped search can be switched to OFDB Database search?Or that OFDB is the first Searchsite? And that as Video taged Films in IMDB get the same result as films?

2. After error occurs the banner comes out of the taskbar but do not open complete. the only way to remove this banners is to switch during the films so Ember needs time to load the fanarts... during this loading time the fault banners continued the come and gone procedure. with out this the banner still there. Im not shure but it seems that when there is a active come and gone action the automatic scrapper probably don´t work. Jump from Title to title but scrape nothing.
Request: can you force the come an done action of the faultbanners to come automatic to an end? another solution is to check of this functions but that rise the confusion between scrapperfaults cause there is no more information that they occurs.

3. Rename function: I used the renamer a long time and for me it works great. But there is one Problem. If i have the same Film in same Folder but other Release or parted the renamer creates too similar Folder/Files. windows prevents these double naming. But in Database two entries with the same origin are the result. The same problem occurs by Parted films. In IMDB there is one ID Nr. for both Parts. so the renamer renames the files in the same Title. This produce a Title error in Ember.
Request: Can you include a check routine so if the renamer will change the filename to an existing in the same place the filename get a 1at the end. example.

Scan folder:

Classic Movies/Ben Hur BD1 (Year).Resolution.mkv
Classic Movies/Ben Hur BD2 (Year).Resolution.mkv
after rename
Classic Movies/Ben Hur (Year).Resolution.mkv

And title Error
if this happend the renamer includes a number for the second scaned file
Classic Movies/Ben Hur (Year).Resolution_1.mkv

4. There is a fault in the Gerneeditor. if you edit or paste in a own genre the Genre XML wasn´t build up correct. the new genre inside the XML has no or wrong or Empty Open string/close string signs.
in the past i edited it by my self but wondering that there is no other request to eliminate this bug. after these edit the Gerneeditor works well.
If you need more or special information about that please ask.

No need to release a V18- V19 Edtion but when you fix this in 1.4 it was great.

Im very happy that Ember is still alive after a nearby death. I try a lot of other Databases between 1.2 and 1.3 but Ember is for me state of the art.
Greetings
KoRi

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
some Problems in V17 and the old Versions0