WIP Testers wanted for improved subtitle selection feature
(2014-02-06, 23:09)ezechiel1917 Wrote: By default forced subs WILL show automatically, but users should have an option to not display any subtitles (even with forced flags) - manually by unchecking Enable subtitles for currently playing video or setting that globally. I think it doesn't make sense to display any subitles when you have Enable subtitles disabled.

90% of XBMC users, one of the first things they do on a new installation is uncheck subtitles and set 'default for all videos'. I am talking about people who are not hearing impaired, native English speakers watching mostly English content. So they dont want full subs showing up for every movie they watch.

BUT they want forced subs to show without having to click any buttons. That is the whole point of forced subtitles.

This can be a movie with an English language audio track but some foreign dialogue (eg Bourne Identity) or a foreign (non-English) movie where they have set the main subtitle track to forced so XBMC always displays it for them.

Maybe there is some confusion between us due to the language barrier. This is the way it works currently. Is it going to still work like this with the planned changes?
Hello all

I am in Switzerland and my mother tongue is German. I prefer to watch movies in its original language with German subtitles enabled.

For example I have a movie with:

Audio: English, German
Subs: German, German Forced.

So what should I set as forced in the .mkv. that I would have this combination:

Audio, Subtitle

English, German
German, German Forced

Just switching audio and the subtitle will follow?

BTW: I downloaded an external .srt subtitle. If selected shouldn't it be possible to move it with "CTRL Arrow UP/DOWN"? This is not working/moving it the latest nightly Gotham version.

Christian

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Testers wanted for improved subtitle selection feature0