Bug Video Stutter on StepForward since Gotham Alpha 7
There's a bug in the XBMC playback that started with Gotham Alpha 7. The video will stutter for several seconds when a StepForward of StepBack is done. This didn't happen with prior Gothham Alpha releases. I opened a thread in the OSX section, but it appears to be a general issue, and the OSX devs are swamped with issues with the new Mavericks OSX version, so I'm posting this a a general bug. My original post from the OSx thread was:

Quote:I've been seeing a couple seconds of video stutter after every StepForward or StepBack since Gotham Alpha 7. I just tried Gotham Alpha 8, and it is still occurring. I've tried every kind of video and audio format I have, and they all seem to do this. It definitely does not happen with Gotham Alpha 5 (I never tried Alpha 6). Here's a log from Alpha 8:

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=65099

I've tried modifying my audio settings, but it doesn't seem to help. PalleO noticed something similar in post 46 of this thread. He seemed to think it had to do with the new transcoding options, but I've seen it happen on AC3 files using passthrough.

bigbadrabbit replied that the same issue had been noticed on the Plex forums, and the plex dev Tobias seemed to have some handle on it:

Quote:RipT Wrote:
OK. One more request before I start the new thread. Is there a Plex forum thread I can reference where you mentioned this to Tobias? If so can you post a link here so I can reference it in the new thread?

The thread is located in the PlexPass section and therefore only available for (paying) PlexPass members:
http://forums.plexapp.com/index.php/topi...t-release/

Here's a quote from Tobias:

Quote:
Tobias Hieta, on 20 Sept 2013 - 3:42 PM, said:
Oh wait it stutters when you jump back/forward and then it resumes correctly after a while? Sorry for misunderstanding in that case, that is a known bug, which I don't consider that critical.

The bug is in the caching code of XBMC/PHT. I think I know how to fix it, so hopefully I get around to looking into that, it was fixed at some point, but I had to revert the fix because of a crash happening in the fix, so I know where to look, I just need more hours in a day

I don't know if Tobias is following up, but wanted to let the general community know just in case.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video Stutter on StepForward since Gotham Alpha 70