Surround down-mixed to one channel
Question 
Hi,

I have a surround HT setup with an imac and a RME UFX sound card. All worked nice on 12.0. When I upgraded
from 12.0 to 12.1 the surround stopped working - basically some of the surround sound would be channeled into the front left
speaker, and the rest on the sound was gone. I have no optical/coax option to try so I reverted back to 12.0.
I checked again with the release of 12.2, but the problem persisted - so back to 12.0 again.
The issue is the same with all file formats (flac, mkv etc).

Yesterday I upgraded to Mavericks, and since now 12.0 is not working anymore, I actually
don't have a version of XBMC I can use Sad
(BTW tried the latest patch - it opens and plays video on Mavericks, but sound is still gone...)

Is there any solution out there? or is it bye bye XBMC? Sad

anyway... and if you read it dear XBMC dev guys - you rock! XBMC is one of the most amazing pieces of
software out there today, commercial or open source. It will be very hard for me to let go as I have
3 XBMC players (on Macs) in different rooms in the house, sharing multiple libraries and profiles through a central MySQL.

Momo.
Use a nightly on Mavericks and maybe read the Tons of Mavericks threads before Posting next time...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2013-10-26, 11:28)Memphiz Wrote: Use a nightly on Mavericks and maybe read the Tons of Mavericks threads before Posting next time...

Thank you - I certainly have before posting, including installing the latest nightly build at the time of the post. I found no relevant solution to the down-mixing problem - hence the post. I am so sorry If I missed something in the threads. did I? Smile

Thanks.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Surround down-mixed to one channel0