No more CStdString!
isn't it up to him to fix his changes?
I think if he could, he would. Akezeke who created spotyxbmc didn't touch it for 3 months and nobody is answering in the thread. Basically there's no devs maintaining it so if nobody in the community takes on the task. Too bad because it's the only integrated Spotify solution available for XBMC, and it works very well.

I gave it a shot myself just tried replacing CStdString with std:Confusedtring but that wasn't enough. I'm sure someone who knows what they are doing could get this working in no time, as it was previously working with Alpha9.

Anyways, just thought it didn't hurt to ask. Hopefully someone will step in once Gotham is released.
Are there any instruction how to convert this code? I need to fix methods Format, Left, Equals, ... My C++ knowledge is almost zero.
StringUtils::Format, StringUtils::Left, StringUtils::StartsWith() etc.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Would be nice if StringUtils would be available for the PVR addons so people could start transitioning them.
I've just stumbled across this post and started to wonder why you're avoiding CStdString?
(2014-03-13, 12:34)negge Wrote: Would be nice if StringUtils would be available for the PVR addons so people could start transitioning them.

@negge, any news on this?
FYI, I'm busy batch removing CStdString as a whole
(2015-01-09, 09:21)Koying Wrote: FYI, I'm busy batch removing CStdString as a whole

You do realize I merged a PR this week that completely removed CStdString from xbmc right?
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
Hahaha... No, didn't notice Smile
Well I didn't do it for the PVR addons but xbmc/xbmc should be CStdString-free.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
(2014-08-10, 17:30)real_skydiver Wrote: I've just stumbled across this post and started to wonder why you're avoiding CStdString?

Me too.. care to explain?
cause its non-standard, needs extra classes, more stuff to maintain and build each time.
not to mention all the hacks needed to make it portable across compilers.

std:Confusedtring is supplied everywhere. win win.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No more CStdString!0