Renamer
Wanted to check in what version of EMM the renamer is working properly? Thanks!!!

*edit* And three related question about its functionality:
1) I would like to create the term [bluray 1080p], but only show [1080p] if no information about the source is available. It currently creates [ 1080p] if source information is unavailable. Any way to get rid of the space after the [ if no source information?

2) EMM includes source information as default in the file name. I thought that XBMC picks it up from folder name, not file name? What is the better way to do it?

3) Where does the renamer pick up the information about the source? From NFO, from "old" folder name, or from "old" file name?
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
HTPC 1: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 2: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 3: Raspberry Pi
In 1.3.0.17 i have removed the "Part 1"/"Part1" issue.

What is your problem?
No problem at all. Just wanted to check before trying it out on my movies ;-) Renaming is quite serious and want to make sure that nothing gets fucked up ;-) I assume that it renames folder, file and related items such as trailers and fanart? I have never used it before, so have a few more general questions:

1) I would like to create the term [bluray 1080p], but only show [1080p] if no information about the source is available. It currently creates [ 1080p] if source information is unavailable. Any way to get rid of the space after the [ if no source information?

2) EMM includes source information as default in the file name. I thought that XBMC picks it up from folder name, not file name? What is the better way to do it?

3) Where does the renamer pick up the information about the source? From NFO, from "old" folder name, or from "old" file name?
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
I played around quite a bit with the renamer. I like it a lot. I have three remaining issues before going to rename things:

1) The option to change type by format appears not to be functioning (eg, setting all MKV to bluray). Can you confirm whether it is broken or I do something wrong? I opened a separate thread as it is technically not related to the renamer.

2) Why are somelow-definition files named to SDp rather than 480p? Also, SDp looking funny.

Thanks!
I have 1.3 r15 and just wanted to say whoever fixed the bulk renamer (Dan) thanks so much. I forgot which version it broke in but it is nice to have it working again instead of making dups in the database file. Smile

No more renaming one at a time Smile
(2013-10-26, 22:53)steve1977 Wrote: I played around quite a bit with the renamer. I like it a lot. I have three remaining issues before going to rename things:

1) The option to change type by format appears not to be functioning (eg, setting all MKV to bluray). Can you confirm whether it is broken or I do something wrong? I opened a separate thread as it is technically not related to the renamer.

2) Why are somelow-definition files named to SDp rather than 480p? Also, SDp looking funny.

Thanks!

1. This do not work from the beginning. You can ask for this feature for Version 1.4 but for me its a not nesseccarry plus. Cause the Scrapper extract the informations from the Metadata. Only ISOs or IMG has some Problems. But these can be fixed with the Media Source Editor.

For the second question: SDp mean everything below 480p. You can manipulate this with a bunch of Filters in the Module Media Source Editor. for every single possible Resolution. But the renamer still works with the Metadata entry. So if you use the Rename Funktion $T {($Y)}-{$R} the Information about the Resolution comes from Metadata.
After Manipulate the source you can use $T {($Y)}-{$S} to get the information from the Source. This is Ember Playground... ;o) but if you understood the technic behind its a powerful Tool at all. so feel be free to Test. Best way with a copy of You EMM Database and a small bunch of Filmcopys or better a complete new Ember installation.
And for the best Overview use the Bulk Renamer from the Toolmenu. cause you can see what happend to your Files.

Hope i understood your non problem ;o)
KoRi

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Renamer0