Req Transposing music for karaoke! (Yes, again.. And explanations!)
Music 
Hello all the coding wizardies at there..!

This is a requested couple of times but as I've been reading forums, looks like those whose all about coding can't really see what is the transposing all about.

So here's Wikipedia's explanation for it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transposition_(music)

XBMC itself is amazing karaoke player as it supports well basically every possible format used for displaying lyrics while playing the song but music transposing is the thing that we're missing here.. It's all about pitching the keynote of the song by one semitone at time up or down +/-5 semitones to the level that one can sing over it. Back in the days XBMC were only in XBOX. i'm not sure if there were enough computing power in the box for doing this but nowadays it's not a problem. Unfortunately my coding skills limits to PHP but I'm sure here's someone who knows how to do this.. resampling the audiostream on the fly.

I'm not sure if any of these helps, but there should be some example codes at sourceforge too, like http://tap-plugins.sourceforge.net/ladspa/pitch.html

For the endwords;

Thank you! Every single one coder, thank you! XBMC is just amazing software!

Oh, and everyone who likes to sing karaoke, back me up on this..!! I know you'd like to have this feature. Or if you don't, your girlfriend DO want it! : )
+1... I arrived here because I just required this feature - but it doesn't exist.
I want the same for practising guitar and playing along with actual music. Some of the music I listen to has guitar tuned down one or two steps, and it's impractical to tune your guitar for each song. + 1 for pitch control. I'd also like another common feature in this area which is tempo control. I guess it's pretty easy if you have implemented pitch control. To be able to control it from kodi remote would also be awesomeSmile
Does anyone know of an addon that works like karaoke with lyrics but will also display chord changes ? this would be awesome for playing along.
(2016-02-13, 22:29)Cholmes100 Wrote: Does anyone know of an addon that works like karaoke with lyrics but will also display chord changes ? this would be awesome for playing along.

I wonder if there is something like a chord font and it could be treated like a subtitle or lyric.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Transposing music for karaoke! (Yes, again.. And explanations!)1