I want to buy a new box for XBMC.. how is G-Box Midnight MX2 Android 4.2?
I am by no means a new user to XBMC. In fact I still have an original XBox with XBMC installed to it from YEARS ago. I am also by no means a power user. I watch my stuff from my own network and probably not much else.

Currently I am running ATV2 with the newest stable Frodo build on my 58" TV. I am looking to moving the ATV2 to by bedroom so that I can update to a 1080p compatible box for the living room. While checking some stuff out, I came across the G-Box Midnight MX2 Android 4.2. I was wondering:

- What are people's experiences with this thing
- Can I boot straight into XBMC
- Can I wipe the box and start from scratch with just XBMC on it? (I am not comfortable with custom builds, I prefer official ones)
+ If so, is there a step by step that is around here somewhere that I can follow?
- How is the wireless streaming on this thing? Better then ATV2? I find that to be very solid.
- Other things to consider?

I appreciate any help you guys could provide. I have been looking for a second box for a while, and this looks like a contender.
more info here
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...t=gbox+mx2
I like my mx2 very much. I think you can select xbmc as the launcher so it will boot into xbmc. It accesses files on flash drives and as cards flawlessly. It streams well from the internet with occasional buffering issues. I would highly recommend it.
I also tried the Ouya but it was much more geared for gamers and I'm not a gamer so I sent it back.
Let me know if you have questions, I'll be glad to help.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
I want to buy a new box for XBMC.. how is G-Box Midnight MX2 Android 4.2?0