Low power Haswell ITX build

eyz4eva Offline
Hi,

just wondering whether a Win 8 OS will be able to attain the same power consumption?

And is MSI H81I ITX mobo as easy to tweak as the Asrock mobo? MSI H81I has slightly better connectors, i/o ports and 4K UHD support.

Thanks!

Quote:I've undervolted the CPU a bit and overclocked both the GPU and DRAM to 1600 MHz; everything is stable. The ASRock board has a lot of tweaking ability. It consumes 10.6W on the desktop with display on and WiFi connected, display off is 9.5W. 15.5W when playing Bluray rip.
find quote
presslab Offline
(2014-10-21 18:01)eyz4eva Wrote:  Hi,

just wondering whether a Win 8 OS will be able to attain the same power consumption?

And is MSI H81I ITX mobo as easy to tweak as the Asrock mobo? MSI H81I has slightly better connectors, i/o ports and 4K UHD support.

Thanks!

Yes I think Win8 might be even better power consumption, but I never tried it on the HTPC. I know that on my ultrabook Win8 has more battery life.

I don't know about the MSI motherboard, but I do think the motherboard has the largest effect with power consumption and it's hard to know how good it is until you try it.
find quote
eyz4eva Offline
thanks for the reply.

will do some search on the msi mobo.

(2014-10-26 16:49)presslab Wrote:  
(2014-10-21 18:01)eyz4eva Wrote:  Hi,

Thanks!

Yes I think Win8 might be even better power consumption, but I never tried it on the HTPC. I know that on my ultrabook Win8 has more battery life.

I don't know about the MSI motherboard, but I do think the motherboard has the largest effect with power consumption and it's hard to know how good it is until you try it.
find quote