Is there a script for a media database of DVDR's?
i have quite a few video dvd & dvdr's containing dvd, divx, mpeg files. i am wondering if there is a script (or other way) to store the titles so as i can browse them via xbmc, add 1 or more to a playlist similarly to how on-line videos are currently browsed and then be prompted "insert disk 023" whereupon i insert the disk and the correct file will be played?

is this available or the kind of thing suitable for scripting? i currently have a list in an excel spreadsheet so it can easily be exported or converted into a different format, i have searched relentlessly here and on xbmcscripts.com to no avail

i don't have a script that you are looking for, but if you want to display your list of of dvds/movies on xbmc, here's the best way.

for every dvd/movie that you have, create a vob file (ie movie.vob) and store it in a folder on your computer accessible by the xbox. the easiest way to create the movie.vob file is to create a new text document, movie.txt, and change the extension.

once you can see the list with xbmc, there is a way to look up imdb information for every movie at once. i think you press white and choose the lookup information option...my xbox is not handy right now...sorry.

this may not be what you asked for, but at least you will be able to see a thumbnail of your movie, and have the imdb information.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Is there a script for a media database of DVDR's?0