• 251(current)
Intel NUC - Haswell (4th Generation CPU)
Hi, has anyone got one of these hooked up only to an via AV receiver (DP -. HDMI)? Are there still any pending issues when switching the source or switching off the av receiver and left running headless? I'm planning to have one of these always on and just switch on the receiver when I want to play some media. Does it lose the signal and require a restart?
Thanks!
(2015-02-15, 22:47)k_n_z Wrote: I've set RGB range to full in xrandr, and then set limited output in Kodi. I've tried every combination of video settings, and I've toggled between "Normal" and "Low" black range on my plasma (confusing names on the Samsung...). No matter what I do, I seem to either get crushed blacks or an image that looks like it has a white mist over it.

Did you remember to disable "Prefer VAAPI rendering"?
using i3 nuc (win7 x64) running 24x7 with denon avr-2113 (via regular hdmi cable).
no issues, just remember to:
- enable "audio without video" in intel graphics control panel
- disable turning off the display in windows power options
- when restarting for maintenance (updates etc) do it with avr on

i always quit kodi before turning off the avr, not sure if there would be any issues if done otherwise.
OK thanks ciukacz. So when you switch between HDMI sources or switch off the av receiver, and you go back to your nuc hdmi source, you don't loose the picture or sound if I understand you correctly?
Also have you tried for example doing remote desktop into your nuc when the av receiver is switched off?
Cheers!
yes, everything comes back nicely (and i don't use dr hdmi or anything similar).
rdp is also fine as it's a network protocol, it doesn't require a display.
this is how it looks via rdp (option remote audio playback set to "play on remote computer") with avr and tv both in standby (avr has passthrough enabled).
you can see that audio properties (supported channels, frequencies and compressed formats) change to what the tv supports.

i use a password for my windows account so after disconnecting rdp i just have to login again when i want to use my home theater.
i don't know, maybe vnc or some other remote access utility wouldn't require that.
Great thanks Wink
Thinking of getting a denon x4100 - has anyone tested this and know if it passes full rgb through openelec. I had a xx11 denon a few years back and that had black crush, just wonderedif f the new models are fixed (not something that's normally covered in reviews online )
The 4520 passes full (0-255) RGB through it.
Just for info, having the intel rapid start on, caused my harmony smart control remote to sometimes not work completely during a session (happened 10% of the time). Turning it off in the bios and uninstalling it has fixed this for the moment.
I think you are confusing "NUC" to mean a formfactor, but NUC is an intel device that has intel CPU and integrated graphics. You are talking about other devices that may be similar to Intel NUCs but this thread is only about the Haswell NUC
pvr.wmc TV addon and ServerWMC Backend Development Team
http://bit.ly/ServerWMC
I hope this isn't hijacking...but honestly I've been looking for this answer for ages...If I buy an Intel NUC with a Haswell processor, it is my understanding that, in theory it should be able to output in 24p. I have NO interest in 4K, and that seems to be the most widely debated topic. I really just want a nice simple, reliable device to run KODI/XBMC, and output HD Audio, along with 1080p/24p video.

I have seen some people state that it needs ALSO to include an Iris HD integrated video card - is this true? If not, please please PLEASE tell me the bare minimum HDx000 series video card I need, because I've seen cheap Haswells chipsets with the HD5000 - didn't pull the trigger because I need this question answered.

Thank you very much, in advance.
Please don't post the same question in multiple threads.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2015-03-08, 02:31)luckywales Wrote: I hope this isn't hijacking...but honestly I've been looking for this answer for ages...If I buy an Intel NUC with a Haswell processor, it is my understanding that, in theory it should be able to output in 24p. I have NO interest in 4K, and that seems to be the most widely debated topic. I really just want a nice simple, reliable device to run KODI/XBMC, and output HD Audio, along with 1080p/24p video.

I have seen some people state that it needs ALSO to include an Iris HD integrated video card - is this true? If not, please please PLEASE tell me the bare minimum HDx000 series video card I need, because I've seen cheap Haswells chipsets with the HD5000 - didn't pull the trigger because I need this question answered.

Thank you very much, in advance.

Simple answer: yes.
My D34010WYK1, with Intel HD Graphics 4400, running OE 5 does 1080p/24p like a champ on my Samsung PN51E6500.
Intel NUC DN2820FYK, Ubuntu 14.10.
Having a few problems with video Debug Log http://paste.ubuntu.com/1059443/.
It is intermittent so the log might be useless.
Have tried to read through the topic from the start but got to page 125 out of 251 and was getting nowhere.
Tried playing around with the acceleration and de-interlacing as suggested in other posts but no luck.
I get horizontal lines when playing some videos, the log is an example of one of them without the lines this time.
When I play the video through Ubuntu it plays perfectly.
Any help would be appreciated
Geoff
https://communities.intel.com/message/290337#290337
Quote: Re: IR Power On with D34010WYK Nuc
Deihmos 08.04.2015 22:57
I upgraded the bios of my nuc to the one released March 2015 and turn on with remote stopped working. Luckily I was able to downgrade back to the bios from May 2014 then it worked again.
| myHTPC |
  • 251(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Intel NUC - Haswell (4th Generation CPU)7