• 2(current)
Testers wanted: XBMC v12.3 testing
(2013-10-31, 08:17)Ned Scott Wrote: At least on Mac OS X and Linux builds, there seems to be a regression on seeking video where it takes a 1-2 seconds for playback to start. Seems to happen with both back/forward steps and rewind/fast forward.

There definitely is! Since Gotham Alpha 7.

See here, here and here...
(2013-10-29, 05:38)Cpuroast Wrote: I can confirm that "xbmc-20131027-9d75530-Frodo-x86_64.dmg" loads and plays fine under mavericks.

A part from the known mouse issue, here are the issues I experienced:

1. XBMC starts up in 16bit color instead of 32 when the default auto-switch GPU setting is enabled, which switches from the Intel to the nVidia GPU.
If this is disabled, it launches with the correct 32bit color setting. This is something new to 10.9, since 10.8 didn't have this issue. This is on a mid-2012 MacBook Pro.

I can second that issue and it is still a problem with the newest alpha builds too.

My actual workaround is to switch from fullscreen back to window-mode (cmd + F) and back again with (cmd + F). Then everythings good in 32bit!
When a second monitor is attached, XBMC starts in 32Bit without the workaround.

I own a mid 2012 MBP 15" too. I've got a fresh 10.9 installation.
its working good un u mac over hire
but the hous is stil not working prop lie
(2013-10-31, 17:08)kreve040 Wrote: its working good un u mac over hire
but the hous is stil not working prop lie
Please use English.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2013-10-31, 17:08)kreve040 Wrote: its working good whit u mac over hire
but the mous is stil not working prop lie
HDMI passthrough is flaky with latest test build on OSX. Something to do with adjust display refresh rate to display. When turned off, it works fine.

I experimented with refresh pause settings (my typical setting is 4 seconds)...still nothing. I can start by playing a movie with a DTS soundtrack fine. But if I stop and switch to a separate movie, I lose sound.

Let me know if a log would help & I will gladly provide. Thanks!
Nvidia Shield
Apple TV 4
this one is known - no solution in sight... (going without refreshrate change might be a possible fix - dependend on the used hardware)
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
You wouldn't be able to play 24p movies natively though if your TV is still set to 60hz, right?

Since my tv has a 24p mode, I'd like to use it. Is there an alternative solution? Not complaining...just wondering.
Nvidia Shield
Apple TV 4
Disregard, I'll try your suggestion made in this post. Appreciate your advice.

Quote:what always should work is still - 2.0 channels in osx-audio-midi-setup, 2.0 speaker setup in xbmc, enable dts and ac3 capable receiver, disable lpcm...
Nvidia Shield
Apple TV 4
This test build is working just fine on my mac mini 2011 OSX 10.8 setup. I am still reluctant to upgrade to 10.9

---
Mac Mini 2011 with 8GB on OSX 10.8, audio: optical out to receiver, video: thunderbolt to HDMI.
How to post a debug log ; MacOS acces the hidden userdata folder ; How to post a question ; How to fix gatekeeper issues
The mouse issues are gone for me on Mavericks on xbmc-20131101-f78dade-Frodo-x86_64.dmg.
package "xbmc" won't install on a fresh ubuntu 13.10:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
xbmc : Depends: ttf-liberation but it is not installable
Recommends: python-qt3 but it is not installable
Recommends: xbmc-pvr-mythtv-cmyth but it is not going to be installed
Recommends: xbmc-pvr-vuplus but it is not going to be installed
Recommends: xbmc-pvr-vdr-vnsi but it is not going to be installed
Recommends: xbmc-pvr-njoy but it is not going to be installed
Recommends: xbmc-pvr-nextpvr but it is not going to be installed
Recommends: xbmc-pvr-mediaportal-tvserver but it is not going to be installed
Recommends: xbmc-pvr-tvheadend-hts but it is not going to be installed
Recommends: xbmc-pvr-dvbviewer but it is not going to be installed
Recommends: xbmc-pvr-argustv but it is not going to be installed

I believe it's because the transitional ttf-liberation package is replaced by the fonts-liberation package.

After doing apt-get download + editing the control file by hand and regenerating the package, it installs fine.
Just wanted to re-confirm...

Whenever adjust refresh rate to display is selected, HDMI passthrough audio not working on Mac Mini 2011, HDMI out to receiver.

Quote:what always should work is still - 2.0 channels in osx-audio-midi-setup, 2.0 speaker setup in xbmc, enable dts and ac3 capable receiver, disable lpcm...

Tried Memphiz' suggestion above, still didn't solve it. Optical out works fine though.
Nvidia Shield
Apple TV 4
We update all builds with some small fixes including problems with mouse handling on OSX10.9
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Just tested the new Windows update - XBMCSetup-20131101-0536b03-Frodo.exe

Result = Crash on load

Full debug file

System specs and driver details
Main = Intel 37770k - Win 8.1 x64 | Office PC = Intel Q6600 - Win 7 x64 | HTPC = Intel NUC - Ubuntu 14.10 | Tablet = Nexus 7 (2013) - Android 4.4.5 All running Gotham 13.2
Server = Dell Powededge 2850 - Ubuntu Server 14.04 - MySQL, SABNZBD+, Couchpotato, SickRage, Headphones, Apache | NAS = HP StorageWorks P4500 G2 SAN - Ubuntu Server 14.04 - 21TB RAID5 + Hot spare

• 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Testers wanted: XBMC v12.3 testing1