Win VU+ PVR Client Slightly Strange Issue
Hi Guys

I have a media pc running xbmc and I also run xbmc on my desktop pc for testing purposes, as in testing plugins etc, before I let loose on the media pc, both are running windows 7. A few weeks ago I tested installing the vu+ pvr addon on my desktop pc, got it connected to my vu duo ok, was able to view live tv and the recordings on the duo box. The recordings were grouped into sub folders, if there was more than 1 episode of the same program, for example all of the two and a half men episodes were under a sub folder called two and a half men, etc.

As everything was working ok, I did the same set up on my main media pc and was able to connect to the duo box ok again. However, this time the recordings were not grouped into sub folders like they were on the test pc. So I checked the configuration and both pcs had the same settings, as far as I could tell. I then noticed the version of the vu+ pvr client on the test pc that grouped the programs was 1.6.7 and the version on my media pc that didn't group the programs was 1.6.5. I tried to find version 1.6.7 to download (although I didn't actually download it on my test pc as far as I can remember, I just followed the process in the wiki), but the latest version I can find is 1.6.6, which doesn't group the programs either. As I got curious, I uninstalled the vu+ pvr client on the test pc and then reinstalled it and it installed ver 1.6.5, so the test pc no longer groups the programs into sub folder.

Obviously, I could have downloaded a different version of the vu+ pvr client, installed it manually and forgotten about it (it happens at my age!), but I can't find it anywhere if I did. However, I am pretty sure it just downloaded through the normal xbmc add-ons, so I have no idea how I got ver 1.6.7. Is the difference in versions what causes the difference in behaviour with regards to grouping programs, or is there a setting I am missing somewhere? It's not a major issue, just wondering if I am going completely mad lol

Cheers.
Have you tried updating the addon from within XBMC?
Hi

Yes, tried a few times, but still stays at ver 1.6.5, so far.

Cheers.
Does XBMC really update the pvr add ons on its own?

The support for recording folders came with 1.6.7, so it is no wonder that you cannot find it in 1.6.5. I suggest to update XBMC to the latest version on both machines...
VU+ / Enigma2 PVR Client: Documentation | Development | Discussion
Hi

I don't know, if it does or it doesn't, sorry, the pvr add-on is only something I have tried recently, so not much previous experience with it.

I am reasonably certain the version of xbmc on both the machines is the 12.2 May release, but will check when I get home tonight to make sure. Will also check that the version numbers match up on both machines as the only other thing I can think of is that I installed a later version on my test pc for some reason.

At least I know for definite the recording folders is to do with the version of the pvr client, not a setting I have messed up lol

Thanks for the help.
After checking both versions of xbmc, I found that they were exactly the same - 12.2, compiled 2nd May 2013.

Since the suggestion was to update xbmc, I thought I would do a fresh install on my test pc. So I copied the xbmc folders (program files & profile) as a backup, uninstalled it completely, deleted the folders and then reinstalled it. This is when I remembered the only difference between the 2 installs - on the test machine I left the pvr addons ticked (by mistake, actually at the time, as I wasn't using pvr) and on the main media PC I didn't install the pvr addons when installing xbmc. So, I left the pvr addons ticked whilst doing this test install and when you do that, you do get v1.6.7 of the vu+ pvr client. However, if you don't tick the pvr addons when installing xbmc and add the vu+ pvr client addon afterwards, you get v1.6.5.

At least I know what I did now! lol

Thanks for the suggestions, appreciate it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
VU+ PVR Client Slightly Strange Issue0