Freezes in startup and crashes when loading XBMC
Apple tv went to load up after being turned off and started looping in XBMC start up.. Showed the apple circle load picture and then went back to apple tv main menu.. Won't load XBMC.. Prior to the crash I did a bit of research on how to delete some memory of tempory files through filezilla.. Didn't seem to help.. I had changed the skins on the tv channels prior to crash too and it said that helps to use up memory plus i loaded some new channels on.. Haven't been able to use it for months now.. Worse thing was i bought it pre- jailbroken from the states so i don't have the shsh blobs to do a restore with.. kinda a lil out of my depth at the mo and spent a cpl of full days trying to fault find and learn a bit more about them so i don't brick it out.. Any help would b greatly appreciated!!

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=76921

(MOD EDIT: Removed log pasted directly in post)
I would try updating to XBMC v12 or even trying a development build (wiki) of v13 and see if that does anything. Not sure why it would suddenly stop working like that, though.
Thanks Ned..

So I guess the main reason I haven't upgraded so far is because I didn't have the original blobs.. (Bought jailbroken and preloaded) also wasn't sure if saving shsh blobs on tiny umbrella or I faith would be any use say something was to fail in the upgrade process.. Also don't know if apple is signing my current version.. Not sure any back up blobs I have are signed.. I know my other apple products were mostly backed up.. Some missed it so thinking maybe the Apple TV was one that didn't.. Would love to try it.. Just don't know the likely hood of it bricking out on me..??

What do u think?

The main thing I remember was that I'd loaded fresh channels in the weeks leading up... Plus just before it started crashing I increased the thumbnail size images on movies and tv channel on xbmc which I later found out draws memory and is bad for taking critical space.. Don't know if that as the catalyst but was my first thought after hearing about its draw..
Try to rename your userdata (wiki) folder and let XBMC rebuild it from scratch Wink
Thanks Eliah...
Would I have to access it through FileZilla or something to do that? Or terminal? I'm running mac mountain lion.. Also would I need to change the authority if I did those cmd's like change it to root or what have you?

Then once renamed just a simple reboot... ?

Will try it tho... Cheers bud!
Blobs/rejailbreak isn't required for just updating XBMC. You can even downgrade XBMC, etc.
(2013-10-31, 16:26)mackyd Wrote: Thanks Eliah...
Would I have to access it through FileZilla or something to do that? Or terminal? I'm running mac mountain lion.. Also would I need to change the authority if I did those cmd's like change it to root or what have you?

Then once renamed just a simple reboot... ?

Will try it tho... Cheers bud!

Cyberduck(or Filezilla) is probably the easiest way to do it. Just rename the whole folder, and xbmc will rebuild all your settings from scratch Wink

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Freezes in startup and crashes when loading XBMC0