avi and mp4 files not playing
Ok I have a few minix x8-h plus units, have latest firmware for x8-h plus , I have Kodi 15.2 . I have a network with multiple drives and sources. I have tried to trouble shoot my self but I can't keep going in circles. Kodi plays the same files on a windows computer. The minix (android) does not play the avi or mp4 files. they don't load, the arrow goes in circles and I have to restart kodi, it will play bluray iso's and mkv files no problems. All the units i have are connected to a tv with hdmi using the tv speakers for sound . My question is their a setting I need to change in kodi or is this a hardware issue .

Thanks George
Well still waiting, the minix came with xmbc on it which plays all my file over the network, yet kodi 15.2 still only plays selective formats, This is the same on friends setup, and same results, so we can't be the only 2 people. Kodi 16.0 I hope will fix the problem, xbmc does everything including blurays iso's , its great, but using 2 programs , causes some confusion for other members of the family
Can you get a debug log (wiki) of when this happens? I cannot replicate the issue. AVI's and MP4 files play for me on all of my Android devices.
I have pretty much the same problem with MP4 files not playing (don't have any avi files) on my Android phone or TV box but only those that are encoded with 6 channel sound, either dolby digital or dts. The stereo files are playing with no problem. I am streaming from a QNAP NAS. This is a recent development as they all used to play fine a month or 2 ago. My Windows tablet with Kodi has no problems playing the files. I notice that the Android version says it was last updated on October 27th, 2015. This was done automatically, I did not initiate the update. The Windows version is from October 19th.Thanks.
Same as above - can you grab a debug log (wiki) of a file failing to play, please, and/or upload a sample somewhere so other people can try it as well and see what's going on...
Here is the link to the log. http://xbmclogs.com/psw1wqinf Thanks again.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
avi and mp4 files not playing0